Chapter 26-1: "Kenji Fumiya"

Riku stares at the boy in front of him, then looks up at the top of the steps where Hiroshi is and glares daggers at him. "You're lying."

"I'm not! Ask the boy himself." Hiroshi smirks. "Anyways, I've got things I need to do, so I'll be seeing you, Riku Fumiya. Try not to die, I'd rather have the honor of breaking you into submission myself." And just like that, Hiroshi walks out of sight.

"Get back here!" Riku dashes forward, but Kenji stands in his way.

"What's the matter, brother? You don't wanna talk to me? This is the first time we're getting to speak to one another and you wanna chase some stranger instead of talking to your family?" The boy frowns, his body sparking with blue electricity for a moment.

"You're not really my brother, are you? Is this some trick you and that bastard devised to get into my head or something?" Riku glares at Kenji, preparing his magic to strike if need be. "This may not be my world, but I never had a brother back on my world. If Reality and I are supposed to be the same, then why would he have a brother while I don't..?"

"I assure you, I'm telling the truth. Do I need to tell you how our parents died to prove it? Or maybe fighting will help you believe it. After all, siblings always butt heads with each other. We can just call this a little 'sibling bout'. How about that?" Kenji smirks, and suddenly, an entire chessboard's worth of chess pieces forms around him, both black and white.

"I wouldn't believe you no matter what you said. I'm sure that man has plenty of info on me. So no matter what lies you start spouting, I won't fall for it. Now, get out of my way!" Riku charges forward, flames bursting out of the soles of his feet.

"Alright then, you asked for it, brother." Kenji reaches for both a white pawn and a black pawn, both of his hands glowing a bright blue color as his entire body begins to spark. "Let's make a game out of this. I'm gonna tell you about my past and why you know nothing about me while we fight. Let's see if you can figure out what my power is before I finish giving my backstory huh?"

"Yeah, sure, if you don't die before that that is." Riku swings his flame-encased sword at Kenji once he gets close.

However, Kenji catches it between both of his hands, green scales slowly forming on the back of his hands as his appearance becomes more reptilian. "How violent. You would threaten to kill a minor just like that? I'm only 15 you know." Kenji frowns disapprovingly.

"If he gets in my way, you better believe I would!" Riku kicks him in the chest and manages to rip the blade free from his hands, jumping back a few times. "What the hell..?! He grabbed a couple chess pieces and his appearance changed? What kind of supernatural ability does he have..?"

"What a useful combo I've been given this time..." Kenji smirks as he starts walking in Riku's direction. "Now then, I think it's time I start the story telling. Ready, big brother?" Riku scoffs and charges at Kenji once more.

All the while, Yujita is watching, absolutely stunned into silence. "R-Riku has a brother...and that brother is Kenji..? I've been living here all this time and I never even put that together... Wait, I don't have time to be questioning all of this! I have to get out of here, so I'm not a burden on Riku. I have to go and get him some help!" Yujita stands up and turns away to leave, but finds himself freezing in place as he hears Riku and Kenji fighting. He slowly looks back, watching the two with a concerned look in his eyes.

"The story was that our mother and father died in a car crash, right? What do you think was the reason behind that crash?" Kenji asks as he dodges Riku's swings like it's nothing, blocking with his scaled arms whenever necessary.

"Let me guess, it had something to do with you?!" Riku stabs his blade into the ground and flames erupt from it, exploding outward and pushing Kenji back.