No escape - DSMP short story

A young man strained against the steel chains. His dirty blonde hair fell over his eyes. The floor beneath him was caked in dried blood from failed escape attempts.

The man tried to change into different things, from the tiniest of bugs to the strongest of dragons, but it was never enough. This 'cell' was built especially for him. Even then, 'they' would always come back and reset his progress.

'They' had no name, although the man loved calling them 'Nightmare', just to annoy them.

'Nightmare' is a Demon, although they are nothing like the sweet Demon Darryl, or 'Bad.'

They were cold, manipulative, lacking in real emotions or morals. They had taken the man's place in a time of peace after a war in the lands.

The man had seen 'Nightmare' before. Out of the corner of his eye, in his dreams, they'd be there one second and gone the next, making the man question his sanity.

He was glad he'd hidden away his sister. He didn't want her to ever come face to face with them. Who knows what would happen.

He could only hope for her sake, that she stay hidden, although that was a long shot for her. Sooner or later, she'd venture out and try to find him.

Dream just hoped he could escape from, wherever he is, and get to her before 'Nightmare' does.