A daughter lost (SBI angst)

Phil woke up from the dream. It had been a weird one, to say the least. Weird enough to keep him up

Phil got out of the shared bed, it's springs creaking as the weight shifted.

Call him overprotective, but he often used these random wake ups to check on his family. It actually started around the time Tommy had been born, and had lingered after that.

He just couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. Kirsten, his beloved wife, was sleeping soundly on the other side of the mattress.

Wilbur, Techno, and Tommy were all the same. Everything was quiet, everything was peaceful.

Yet that horrible sensation only grew as he approached his only daughter's room.

The door swung open, illuminating his daughter's room.

Her, empty, bedroom...

Just to check, Phil searched in all the places she could be hiding. Nothing.

His heart pounded faster, panic creeping in like an invisible snake, coiling around his heart and trapping it in it's icey grip.

Calm down, calm down! She could be in the kitchen getting a glass of water or woke up from a nightmare and is somewhere downstairs!

In a flash, Phil was down the stairs, looking everywhere for his missing daughter.

That's when he saw it. The calling card of them.

A single purple feather, with a small note attached by a thin string.

We apologize for any panic coming to you at the moment, but miss Pearl has met all the requirements to become a wonderful addition to our ranks. We sincerely apologize again for any negative emotions you may face.

- Niro, Third branch representative.

Those bastards-!

"Dad?" Phil was snapped out of his hate induced trance, to see Techno, Wilbur next to him. Both stared with an expression of confusion mixed with worry for their older sibling.

"Oh my boys.." Phil softly said, crouching down with his arms open, letting the two little boy run into his arms.

"Where's big sis?" Techno whined through Phil shirt.

"I'm so sorry... but she's gone" Wilbur and Techno stared up at their father, like he had just said something that virtually impossible. "And- I don't know if she's coming back-"

Wil clutched onto his father like he was a lifeline, and sobbed into the fabric. His precious twin was gone, and he didn't know if she would ever come back.

A light gasp made everyone turn towards the sound. Kirsten was up, looking at the sobbing mess of her family. "Oh my poor baby-!"

Phil extended an arm for his wife, who took the offer immediately, and wrapped her and his sons into a tight embrace, like he was afraid of losing them too.

They stayed like that for awhile, sobbing into each other's arms, mourning the loss of their daughter.

Their Little Moon.
~~~~

Just incase anyone's interested.

Ages:

Tommy (4)

Techno (9)

Wilbur (12)

Pearl (12, she's the older twin)

Phil (36)

Kirsten (35)