*I can't think of a good title, help-*

*slaps Grian and Pearl 'sibling' au on the table*

For context, in this AU Gem was the only new hermit to join in season 8. Seeing the new hermit stirs something in Grian he thought he buried long ago.
~~~~~~

The new hermit, GeminiTay or just Gem, was a great addition to the server. She got along great with most of the others and was really trying to prove herself to be up to their expectations, even if they just a fabrication of her mind.

Grian liked her, he liked her a lot (only as a friend so don't get any weird ideas). It was just, Seeing her interact with the other members made his heart yearn for for someone who was so much like her, yet completely different.

A Mothling he considered to be his little sister. Pearlescentmoon or Pearl for short.

They'd met long ago, and got to really know each other in Evo. They bonded together like siblings, having minor fights and causing chaos wherever they went.

Grian had tangled with the wrong deities, and in the end, got himself forcibly removed from his friends, his family.

The escape hadn't come easy, but it happened. His magic comforted him, acting as a stress blanket that wrapped around him.

The Watchers had said that magic was something to be controlled and nothing more. They were wrong. It was an extension of himself, providing assistance when needed and comfort when called.

The Avian turned Watcher finished the glyph, a large circle with many other shapes and lines inside it.

The teleportation spell was a tricky one, especially when it wasn't the user that was being teleported.

It required a item that was prominent to the person that was being teleported, Enderpearl shards, purified water, and a big power source.

Pearl's favorite trinket, a locket with a picture of her and Grian together. An item the blond had found in an excursion before he escaped his captors.

She had to be alive. Somehow, someway, she just had to be out there somewhere!

"You ready?" The builder turned to the orange and gold wisps that followed him. The wisps swirled for a second, before forming into a figure that resembled him. "I thought so."

The builder put his hands in the two small circles, and concentrated.

White light burst out of the lines, Grian's eyes snapping open. The intense white light flooded his vision as his eyes took on that color. Purple lines crawled up the builder's arms, each of them taking a different Galactic symbol.

His large wings were spread wide, bright shapes that resembled eyes opened wide appeared after a moment. The ground shook, the ingredients mixed and swirled together.

Then, with a sound resembling an explosion, it all stopped. The ground was withered and blackened around him.

But... but there, in the middle of the spell circle, was a small form. Their brown moth wings folded delicately on their back.

Had his head not been spinning from exhaustion, he would run up and pulled in her into a hug and never let go. But he could only sit, and watch as her form stirred.

She groaned and tried pushing herself off the ground, only for her arms to fail her. Grian felt like puking out of sheer relief. After a long moment, Grian finally found his voice.

"Pearl...?"

The brunette lifted herself up again, clearing stunned to hear a voice she probably thought she'd never hear again. Foggy blue met golden brown.

"Grian...?"

Grian didn't stop the tears that now flowed freely, he didn't care. She was here and that's all that mattered.

"Pearl..!" He got up, his limp wings dragging behind him. It only took a second to get to her, but it felt like slow motion.

The siblings crashed into each other, forming a ball of laughter and tears.

"Wha-?? How..?? How are you-?!" Pearl gasped between tears. The two small hybrids held each other close. Neither wanted to let the other go, for fear that they would up and dissappear.

"I know! I know! It's all just so crazy!" Grian laughed, his voice wavering between sobs. "I-I thought- for so long-."

"Grian?! Where are you?!" A third voice, belonging to his fellow Boatem member,  Scar.

The Vexling wheeled himself around the back of Grian work-in-progress house, his eyes widening at the sight of a strange Mothling siting next to his friend.

"Um... who's this?" In classic Scar fashion, he wanted to appear as friendly as possible.

"Scar, remember how I told you about my sister when I first came here?"

"Oh... oh no way!" Scar clapped his hands together, his nervousness vanishing in an instant.

Grian turned to the Mothling, who still looked frazzled from the shock of teleportation. "I promise I'll explain everything to you later, for now let's get some rest."

Pearl nodded, her fuzzy moth wings fluttering slightly. "That sounds wonderful."

~~~~~
Words: 818

I like this one, might be just me.