Chapter Thirty Eight

I honestly would have to say that in all my life, I have never felt such emotions like the ones I am feeling right at this point in time.

Even as I grew up in a place full of despair, I never once wavered. I tried to make myself positive.

When I'm being beaten, tortured, abused by the Queen of Hearts, I never once wavered. 

When I had to ensure everyone was well looked after, clothed, sheltered and happy, I never once wavered.

When having to do so much, sacrificing everything that I am and what little I have, I never once wavered.

I suffered through the darkest of the Underworld and experienced a life full of anguish and despair. Not once have I wavered.

But this. No, this, takes the cake.

Allow me to explain to give you all a little context as to what's going on. The phone call between me and Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Lets start to the beginning. Unlike many, many relatives that I have just been told out of the blue and at random, she I already knew about beforehand. Marinette and I are cousins. Her mother and mine are sisters. I met Marinette one day during the two weeks from reuniting with mom and dad. Mom decided to take me out of school for the day and take me to Auradon Square (Shopping district) for the day to connect with one another and to develop a bond that was unjustly taken from us. Whilst in the shopping district, we came across Marinette who was on her own. Mom recognised the girl right away as she introduced her to me and telling me that she is my cousin. Both the girl and I were in total shock, not expecting such a revelation. We decided to spend time with one another going through various shops and malls getting to know one another.

It was surprisingly just how much in common Marinette and I have in common; We both like to design clothes, like fashion, love helping people and want to one day spread our wings, figuratively speaking. She began telling me that she lives in Paris with her parents who own a bakery which is listed in the top 10 best bakeries for home made bread, sweets, coffee and goods. Mom pointed out, to the girls shock, that she knows that Marinette is a superhero known as Ladybug. Marinette tried to lie her way out of things but she wasn't a good liar, another thing which she and I have both in common. We told her that we promise to keep it a secret and not to tell anyone. I was then introduced to Tikki, Marinette's Kwami (God). Mom told us a story about Kwami's and information that the girl never knew.

Since mom was the ever first living being on Earth, she was the very creator of Kwami's and was the one to create Miraculous', magical artefacts in forms of jewellery that allows one to transform into heroes. She was the one to hand out the Miraculous' to people throughout history who deemed worthy so that they can help people and help the users grow as people. Mom further explained that she was not only the creator, but the Miraculous' first guardian and the first ever wielder of a Miraculous for the Butterfly- Nooroo. During her time of usage, she was known as Imperial Monarch. When Marinette asked as to why mom didn't have the brooch on her person, she went quiet and mumble a name under her breath. Tikki and Marinette couldn't hear it but I did. Mom said 'Armand Fu' (NOTE- OC who is Wang Fu's ancestor) in venom. Marinette and I would ask about mom's sudden intense expression, but we decided to leave it in fear it might bring out something that may or may not harm things.

After hanging out with Marinette for quite sometime, we were both comfortable enough to open up and talk about ourselves a bit more, what made us who we are. The moment that she heard my story and what I went through, the first thing she did was cry and to give me the biggest hug she could muster. Tikki placed her tiny paws on my cheek as to hold me in her embrace. I told them both that I am fine and I am who I am because of it, but neither backed down and basically opened their hearts for me with no question. I have never met a person such as Marinette but I am deeply thankful as she is such a one of a kind gem. We had our moments and Marinette explained her side of the story. My heart instantly went out to her as she was living a life full of stress of living a double life; Citizen 50% of the time and the other 50% a Hero.