17. Rumours

*
Truth travels by bike
Rumours travel by plane
*

Wooyoung tapped softly on the rim of his glass, deeply lost in his thoughts. He had just said his goodbyes to San this morning, but he was already wondering what his best friend was up to. Knowing that San had been going through a lot lately, Wooyoung felt uneasy about letting him go alone.

He was worried for two reasons: one being that San had no control over his memory fits and the other was that San was also emotionally drained because of Hongjoong. Wooyoung knew that San had gone for the sake of ending this business and saving his broken relation, but he wondered whether that was going to work at all.

Wooyoung loved San, but at times he found his best friend's logic confusing. Why on Earth did he think that by solving this mystery, all other problems in his life would vanish?

Speaking of problems, Wooyoung had a few of his own. His father had been pestering him to go out with the daughter of his business rival, just so that they could merge the companies. Whilst Wooyoung knew that she was a lovely girl, seeing as he met her a few times, he couldn't bring himself to spend the rest of his life trapped with someone he had no feelings for.

It was let slip to the press that the two families may be coming together, so now there was a lot of talk about it on the media and Wooyoung wasn't too happy with that kind of attention.

He sighed as he stood up grabbing his jacket, ready to leave the office. His father stayed in the penthouse on the top floor of this building, but Wooyoung didn't like having his home and work in the same building, so he bought a condo of his own. As he exited the lift on the ground floor, Wooyoung walked outside to a surprising mass of people. As soon as they saw him, he was swarmed by the flashing lights and screaming.

Not knowing why he suddenly had so much attention, Wooyoung attempted to get to the private parking lot as quickly as he could since he knew he could safely call a car from there. However, as he walked, he heard strange questions being thrown at him, grabbing his interest.

He stopped for a second and raised his hand slightly, which surprisingly made people quieten down a little. Looking around at all the eager faces, he sighed.

"Mr. Jung! Is there anything you'd like to say to your boyfriend?"

"How did the two of you meet?"

"Is it true love or just a new company partnership?"

"What are you talking about? I don't have a boyfriend..." Wooyoung said, making everyone whisper. "And I don't know of any new partnerships at the moment."

"There's a new partnership between Jung Pharmaceuticals and ChoiJin Hospital, what do you have to say about this blossoming friendship?"

"Well..." Wooyoung started, hoping that whatever he said wouldn't hurt anyone's reputation. He knew answering questions in front of so many cameras spontaneously would put a lot of pressure on him, but he didn't want to push these people away. However, before he could speak, another reporter began to question him.

"Do you have anything to say about the recent photos that are circulating?"

"I'm not sure what photos you are referring to..." Wooyoung replied.

"They mostly consist of you and Choi San, the only son of-"

"I don't know what you're talking about, but before you start any rumours, I'd like everyone to know that there's no such relationship between us, we're very good friends and that's it," Wooyoung said with a roll of his eyes. He was done trying to be polite and just wanted to get out of this situation quickly so that he could find out what was actually going on.