Make me a promise here tonight

Chapter 22

Tam pov

It was early morning.  The sun was shinning in the bus. We were on the road today. I was thankful,  my body was sore and I still felt  exhausted.

Vic's  curtain was closed. Something I wont remember  him doing  last night.

I was too tired to care, to comfy to move. 

I had fallen asleep on Vic and that’s exactly where  I laid now.  My head rested on his chest, listening to his heart beat. It was comforting. Something I knew id miss once he woke up. 

Last  night  we had  let go ,  knowing the both of us were getting angry at each other the past few days over feelings that  the other person didn’t have. He didn’t feel the same way I did.  Or had.  I liked Danny, my  jealousy towards  Vic wanting Ashley and not me was nothing. I think.  Well it had to be, he told me flat out  last night he was letting go.

I had to agree, I didn’t want to loose my best friend. I rather  be friends then nothing at all.  Still, I felt like half of me was dead.

Laying on my  left side all night, it had  fallen  asleep. Slowly  I slide my right hand off of vic's chest  onto the  mattress.  Trying to  host myself up, he  grabbed my arm and rolled on top.

“Where are do you think your going?”   Vic had me pinned down, his breath was warm on my face sending shivers down my spine making me  heart speed up.  Why was i getting  like this?

“My side is numb thanks to you “  I teased, sticking out my  tongue to try and hide what he was  doing to me.

“Is that so?  Well you didn’t have to sleep on me, ya know”

With my good hand and  numb one  I tried to push him off.  He laughed at my failed attempt.

“It really is, that numb?” 

I pouted in defeat.  Flopping my arms back down beside me.

“Pop tart.!” I winced.

“Ugh, where you always this winy?  Im not  getting off”

“WHYYYY?”  still wineing.

“I want you to  promise me something first”

Tilting my head to the side in confusion. What would he want from me?.  Vic's  face was serious. He didn’t seem to be  joking about this promise. Normally it was something stupid  like doing his laundry or making him breakfast.

“What promse?”

Still hovering over me, he leaned slightly on his  right  forearm that was above me head.  Reaching for my right wrist with his left.  He  lifted my  arm and turned it showing my  scabs.   It pained me to see them, I tried hiding them with  band  wrist bands but  I knew he'd see it. 

Looking back up to me, his eyes where sad. I knew he hated it. The first time he caught me cutting nearly killed him.

“Promise me, you’ll stop.”  he whispered. 

I nodded and  he  rolled off me and on to his side. 

 Blinking back tears I stared at the ceiling for a bit until I decided I couldn’t  take  his eyes on me anymore.

“im going for a shower.”  I said rolling out of the bunk.

“Tammy”  Vic caught my arm  pulling me  back in the bunk.

“I cant loose you.”

Gathering my strength to fake a smile I leaned over and  kissed his cheek.