I wanna tell her that i love her, but i just don't know

Chapter 44

“What are we going to sing ?”  nervously  asking Jaime as he flipped through the song list. I don’t even know why I was so nervous. I performed in front of people all the time, strangers. These were are  friends, family. They were all drunk.  I was even tipsy.

Jaime looked up and smiled.

“What?”

“Its not on the song list”

“What isn’t?”  he still didn’t answer, just  walked over to the acoustic that laid on the lawn chair.  I quickly  downed the rest of my beer, knowing this was a set up.   Everyone gathered around. Beau had his phone ready to  record.

“So this goes out to the  birthday girl,  love you pookie”  Jaime spoke into the mic in a funny voice, making Tammy blush.

“Dude? “ I whispered.

“You know the song, just sing,okay?”  he whispered back.

“Im going to kill you” , he just laughed and began to play.

The first note hit me like a slap in the face, this was defiantly a  set up, but  it fit how I felt so perfectly.  Everyone began to holler as I sang my  heart out. 

I finally found her but I haven't got a piece of her yet

And I wanna tell you by the way I think I've ruined your body

She said I love you, but you're difficult

Words I've heard so many times before but those words don't mean a thing

They never meant a thing before you

I think I found her but I haven't found a way to her yet

I wanna tell you by the way I think I've ruined your body

I wanna tell her that I love her, but I just don't know

(Just don't know, just don't know)

Oh this is terrible

………..skipping through the  whole song.

I finished the song, my eyes where closed and I was out of breath.  Everyone's cheers  were slowly creeping back into my ears like it does after a concert. Bringing me  back to reality. 

I hadn’t sang that song in a long time, I forgot how great it actually was. 

Slowly I opened my eyes only to  meet two hazel orbs staring back at me.  Without another  breath of air her arms were around my waist and her  head pressed against my chest. I pulled her in closer.

“Vic, I .. that was so.”  she choked.

“What?! I thought you couldn’t keep your hands off of me?” Jaime whined.  Kind of  ruining the  moment.

I felt her  laugh in my chest.

“Im sorry Jaime, im into singers”  Jaime acted as if he was hurt. I just laughed.

“Im so glad I can sing then”

Receiving another  laugh out of Tam.

“Happy  birthday Cupcake”  I whispered,  i felt her tighten his grip on me.