Disasterology

He let go only to pull me into a kiss.

“Happy birthday babe” he said, feeling his hot breath on my lips.

“Im glad you came” I whispered. Opening my eyes to meet his  icy blue orbs.

I could feel eyes on me, it was hard to ignore them.

"come meet  my  nona! “  I beamed, grateful i thought of an escape  from my friends eyes burning into my back.  I felt as if everyone was mad that he was here. who was  i betraying?  Vic, or Danny? i had to get inside.

“Nona,  nona!.  Theres someone here I want  you to meet”

Nona  stepped out of the  kitchen, she was drying her hands off with a towel. Indicating that she was cleaning the mess.  It saddened me that she was still on her feet.

“Nona this is my  boyfriend Danny Worsnop, Danny this is  my Nona”

He stuck out his hand just like every one did, not knowing that Nona preferred to hug. I never told people though, it was way of seeing if Nona liked them. I was sure she would like him.

“Nice to meet you mama, you have a  lovely home”  Danny smiled  holding his hand  out. 

I waited for Nona  to swat it away and pull him into a hug but she just smiled and  shook his hand.

My  stomached dropped.

“Nice to meet you too, and thank you.  I love your accent”  she didn’t hug him, she was being cold. I felt myself stare at their hands in complete shock. Why was she  doing this?.

“Thank you, umm Tammy  are you alright, love?”   I snapped out of it , looking up at them.

“Yeah sorry just kind  of got  dizzy there” only half lying.  

“Maybe you should lie  down?” he suggested, wrapping his arm around my waist.

“No , im alright. You’re here. Come lets go out back”  I smiled, only  Danny wasn’t giving me the smiled I wanted.  His smile was more sympathetic.

“What?” I asked.

“I cant stay, I still have an interview.”  his voice was  low,  Nona just walked back to the  kitchen knowing I was going to blow up.

“What?!  But I thought you had a interview at 5?” feeling my voice rise.

“I had the shoot at 5 , our interview is later. It got  pushed back a bit. Im sorry love. I said I would come when I was free. Im here now”

I don’t know why I was yelling, I wasn’t that mad. I figured it would be like this but I was drunk.

“Fine, leave.”  i spat being all stubborn

“Im sorry Tam Tam” he leaned in to kiss me but I turned giving him the cheek.

“Its fine”

“Listen  babe, ill see you tonight?” his voice in question. Maybe  even desperate.

“No I think im going to spend some time with my Nona” still not giving him eye contact. I felt him sigh  as he  pulled me into a  hug.

Alright ill see you tomorrow,. Happy birthday, have  fun okay?”

“Okay”  

“ I love you” he whispered into my ear. my whole world just spun. He did not just say that to me? He.. hie.. loved me?.

I was speech less. Emotionless. I was a zombie. This was happening all to fast.

Just like that he  kissed me again and walked off.  Leaving me to watch him go.