Wonderless

Vic pov

After  warped.

“Vic, Vic we're  home”  someone was shaking my body  awake. I groaned. It hadn't feel like I even slept. Probably  because  I havnt been sleeping at all and the one time I did manage to close my eyes I was  woken up by someone  or by a dream about her.

“Vic. Common buddy everyone's  inside.”   I opened my eyes to see  Mike leaning over the  back seat to where  I was laying. His face held a brotherly smile as he  looked down at me. 

I just nodded and sat up. Not feeling like answering him.

We walked up the steps to our  San Diego home. One we havnt seen since the beginning of summer. My chest felt heavy thinking about the beginning of summer. When we were all together. Tam was suppose to be here, she was suppose to be talking our heads off about the summer we had. All of us would be reminiscing. But i dont see that ever happening. ugh, I forgot what it was like to feel happy. 

I stopped half way to the door just as  Mike went to open it.

“What are you looking at?” he asked staring back at me.

Again I didn’t answer but began to cross our lawn.

Something deep down made me want to believe that she was home next door. That the rest  of the tour she ran back to San Diego. I had lost all hope awhile ago but maybe, just maybe she would be here?.

I stopped on the front porch of Tams house.  My heart beating wildly in my chest and a  feeling of  hope burning in my stomach. I reached out and clicked the door bell.

Nothing.

I rang it again. And waited.

I was growing impatient. I had to know if she was here. She didn’t even have to talk to me I just wanted to see her.

I started to push the button repeatedly .

that’s when I heard foot steps  stomping over.

“Yes?!” the door shot open and Tams mom stood there with a  pissed look on her face. She  must of  realized it was me because  it quickly changed, for the worst.

It was sad.  Making my stomach  drop.

“Victor... Your home?” she asked

“Yeah, just got in. Um..Is she?”

“No” she  mother spat out. “I have no idea where she ran off too”

Im guessing the guys spoke to her mom about it  cause she didn’t seem to be surprised that we  came home without her  daughter. She wasn’t please either way.

“Alright, thanks”  I said before  I walked away. Mike still stood at the door way and gave  me a pat on the shoulder as I entered. The guys had  brought all of the stuff inside and to their rooms. The only bag left was mine.

I dragged it upstairs to my room but instead of unpacking I just  sat on my  bed and  stared at the picture of Tam and  I  that  I had on my bed stand.

I had to get over her. I needed a fresh start.

Few weeks later.

“I think that’s the last of the boxes,  hermano.”

“Alright , thanks  Jaime” I yelled from upstairs. I had just finished  moving into my own place  closer to the  beache. 

I fell in love with it  because  it  over looked the beach and had its own secret path down to the  sandy shore line. Also had a fire  pit and a hot tub out back.  Though it was a two bedroom  I decided the second one would be perfect to turn into a home studio.