Postcards And Polaroids (Tony's pov)

Chapter 38

Tonys Pov

“Alright Nona Jackie, we'll swing by early tomorrow.  No…yes.. Uuhumm..okay, okay.. Yes love you too… uuhhmm.. No I don’t eat meat… okay ..  Okay love  you too , bye”

I let out a breath as I hit the end  button, silently  laughing to myself at the  phone conversation I just had with Nona Jackie.  Tam's grandmother. She was this  feisty Italian lady that could talk  you ear off. But  all Italians  could  do that. She was the most  loving  person I knew but  you never wanted to mess with her. She treated  the guys and I like family ever since, well ever.  I loved  going up with Tam to her  grandmothers in the summer.  I would come back home and had  gained  10 pounds, she was forever cooking and making sure we had everything we needed. Nona  Jackie was very supportive of our music too,  you would think that bringing  four guys, most of us all covered in tattoos and piercing into her home. An old  women would  freak. But she watched up grow up and  instead she wanted to know every meaning behind each tat, listened to our music, and  danced along to it. Asking  Vic all sorts  of  questions.  Each of us have our own relationship with her. We all loved her, and  super excited to go visit tomorrow.

“Well, what did she say??”  looking up from where I placed my phone. I had  three  sets of  eyes on me.

“She  told us that she was  going  out early  to go shopping and to just bring everything through the back, that it would be open.”

Mike nodded in agreement.

“Food, what about the food?!”  Jaime asked  getting all excited. Nona  I think like him the  best because  his stomach was a  bottomless pit and he would devour everything she  placed in front of him.

 I laughed. “ Seriously?, that’s all you think of”    he nodded furiously.

“Im  always hungry, and you know how delicious her cooking is. I cant wait to have a home cooked meal.” we all looked at our growling stomachs and  agreed.  Tour food was getting  boring and we were all sick of it.

“She's making a bunch of stuff, not sure what but she did mention the cutlets  you like”

“Yess! Oh  Nona  Jackie I love you! “  Jaime yelled to no one in particular.  Causing all of us to  laugh.

“What are we going to do if Tammy sees all the stuff?”  our eyes all shifted to Cas. Who smiled nervously when we  didn’t answer right away. She was still kind of quiet around us. So it was always  nice when she did speak out. We  got along great though, we both weren’t  loud people  like Jaime, Mike and Vic. So it was nice to have someone on the same level as me.

“I guess when we  go back there later , we  make sure she doesn’t go in the back yard.”  Mike shrugged his shoulders. We all knew  it was going to be hard to not let her  go back there. It was Tams favorite  place.  

Her  grandma lived  by a  lake. In Barrie, Ontario.  Her house was in a private area, with acres of land. When we would go up there for the summer, the  guys and I would share the pool house in the back. Late at  night all four of us would have bond  fires or just  sit on the dock watching the stars. If you ever wanted to  find Tam it would be  down at the edge of the  dock just looking out at the lake and the  forest surrounding the out skirts.  It was a beautiful piece  of land, Mike use to joke around and say that  her grand father was in the Mafia and  won this land.  Nona would just laugh, never really answering the silent  question.

“Maybe one  of  us can get her out of the  house for a bit?” the guys and I all  looked at each other  grinning and then back at  Cas.

“Well sweetie, you two can go shopping. Girl time”