40) Well Deserved Rest

*Ooo Bryan's pov*

I sat there cuddling with my grumpy husband while feeding Artemis. I had come across Davis, Betty, and Damian and Betty said that Artemis was teething which means he's been a lot more fussy as of recently.

"You still grumpy about the S.R?" I asked and Inpu only snuggled his face further into my good wing. Inpu's being very careful about my broken wing. Fortunately for me it was a clean break so it'll heal quickly plus my healing magic has helped out a lot. The breaks basically just a tiny crack and just one more heal and it should be just fine.

It'll be sore but what can you do. I reached down and grabbed the binky I had and put it Artemis's mouth and he sucked on it as he laid there in my lap. He reached his arms out while his tail wagged slightly from side to side. He flapped his wings as well. Because Artemis is the child of two demigods his growth rate is a bit different. He has slightly slower growth but not much. He can actually crawl around and it's such a hassle sometimes to get him because he's started using his wings as well.

Little crawling flying baby but he's adorable. Magnus came back in and sat down next to me picking up Artemis and played with him a bit. I looked at my husband and kissed his forehead before he got up. Artemis has a make shift bandaid on his nose because Marshie was kind enough to put it on Artemis. I didn't heal him because of this it was an act of kindness I'm just letting happen. I booped Artemis and he giggled as he slight chewed on the binky. I don't have any proper baby chewing toys but I have to say Artemis is doing good with just the binky.

"Hey dear why don't you rest. I'm going to take Artemis with me to go see Momiji." Inpu said picking up Artemis.

"Alright promise to come back soon?" I asked

"Oh course I promise." Inpu said kissing me before heading out.

I smiled and asked Magnus to help me out with blankets because of course it's going to be hard for me to put them over my spread out wings. I have to keep them spread out so that when the bone heals it not scrunched up. I closed my eyes and thought about Artemis, I don't want him alone not ever, not while the S.R is around. Inpu's with him so I fell asleep knowing he'll be ok. I fell asleep unaware of the events about to happen.

*Lucas's pov*

So I'm sitting here next to I guess my other world self or...his god at least. There's something different about sitting in front of a god you I guess you should know vs a god you do know well.

"Soo...how long are you going to be around?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

"For maybe another few minutes." Said Khonsu, that's his name as I found out. I had told Khonsu about everyone's theories about this other world stuff and he just hasn't said anything since.

"So about this other world-" I stopped because Khonsu put his hand on my lips.

"It's not unusual. I knew this front the very start. Timelines aren't something that is easily talked about. There are multiple types of timelines but their are two main branches you can pull out of that." Khonsu said finally speaking.

"Ok... What do you mean two main types." I asked

"Well you have multiple alternative universes. In the first branch you see you, you in your own way are the original, then there's evil, non magic, different personality, and so on." Khonsu said. I thought about it for a bit before Khonsu spoke again.

"The other branch is what you see now. You as a different person from another world." Khonsu said

"That's Really confusing to think about." I said

"Hmm. Well just tell Cal that I wanted to walk around for a bit when he wakes up." Khonsu said and his head went down. The hair color changed back to Cal's normal hair color and slowly Cal opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Wh-....what happened?" He asked

"Your god told me to tell you he wanted to walk around." I said

"Wait, Khonsu took control? That's the first." Cal said before realizing his clothes were changed. They were more gold and red then the colors Khonsu had which is interesting.

"So what are you going to do now?" I asked

"Hmm.... most likely relax. After everything that happened I honestly want rest-...oh wait what happened to Ritchie?" Cal asked

"He's fine last night he came in with Indoles and Flurry." I said

"Indoles...no his name is Oakley it's not Indoles it's Oakley." Cal said

"O-oh ok." I said before Cal got up.

"I guess I'll just walk around now." Cal said

"Alright see ya." I said before going into the backyard and into the pool. I sat down and closed my eyes and soon enough I feel asleep. I really need this sleep, especially since I didn't get much the night before.

*Momiji's pov*

Cal came back in in his egyptian outfit he wore to the Cleopatra Ball. He came in and flopped onto the couch before taking a deep breath.

"Momiji how's Ricarro and Davis?" He asked

"Ricarro doing good and Davis is back at camp." I said

"Wait...what what!?" Cal asked sitting up.

"Two rifts opened there's only two that truly open. One has to lead to camp right?" I said

"You didn't say anything?" Cal asked

"Well no. I wanted to look more into them before trying to jump into one because I don't want to leave Ricarro." I said.

"...makes sense." Cal said.

It was silent for a moment before Inpu came in with Artemis.

"Knock knock baby aboard on a walk to see auntie Momiji." Inpu said

"Oh come here you." I said getting up and hugging Inpu before picking up Artemis.

"Hello Artemis how are you?" I asked and I received a very adorable little giggle from him.

I sat down with Inpu and he told me everything he knew from the attack on the city. I'm glad Bryan is going ok now, but still Artemis doesn't deserve such a scar especially from the S.R.

I chatted with Inpu for a bit longer before Inpu got up and took Artemis. He waved bye before leaving. I smiled and went upstairs to hangout with Ricarro. Having tea while talking, it was definitely relaxing. Also Cal's passed out on the couch so I left a blanket over him. He'll be fine, just a sleepy time boy