Scandalous Studies - KamiBakuKiri

[ 2604 words ]

As you walk home from your long day at work, burnt orange leaves dance around you and land at your feet softly as you groggily mull over that one troubled thought.

For some reason, the hero association had decided to announce they would be explicitly testing all of their members on a variety of basic topics; ones you had not particularly needed to revise or study — being a pro hero you hadn't needed to bother. Luckily for you, you were pretty accustomed to all of the topics needed, apart from your very worst nightmare. History. When you had to take the dreaded exam on it last time, you'd had to cram in hours of tear-filled revision, and the boys had to collect up dozens upon dozens of soggy tissues as you went over the mounds of stressful information. There was just something about having to memorise so many differentiating dates and long outdated names that made you feel very overwhelmed, and once you swung open the front door to your house, you dropped your bags in cruel defeat and let the tears convulsing in your eyes pool down without hesitation.

After a while, you decided it would be best to move yourself out of the doorway, and slip away somewhere else where you could cry to your hearts content. To be perfectly honest, you needed Kirishima; he never failed to turn a negative into a positive, and excelled at comforting more than any of the other two by millions of miles. It was a shame he wasn't back yet though... You would just have to hang onto whatever strands of hope you could muster for the time being.

"Sunshine, you're back!" A cheerful voice echoes out from the living room, and before you know it, you're being pulled into an exuberant embrace from Kaminari. You cherish the moments before he sees the undeniable tears on your face, his heartbeat against your chest and his lingering warmth calming your sea of nerves down a little. "Okay, this is totally not normal. Why are you not pulling out of my awesome hu—Wait... have you been... Crying?" He leans back slightly, his playful eyes close to yours melting into obvious concern.
"Oh no... Ssh, it'll be okay. Whatever's bothering you, I'm a hundred percent sure we can fix it somehow!" He gives you a small lopsided grin, and you can't help but forget everything, giving him a smile back, but it fades as you feel the stress pounding away at the back of your head.
"There's only one thing you would be so upset by that I can think of right now. It's gotta be the tests they're commencing right?" He sighs, ruffling your hair a little as you give a feeble nod.
"Cmon, let's run you a nice warm bath babe. I'm feeling super generous, so you can use one of my special bath bombs. Cool, right? I'm sure that by the time you're out, the other two numbskulls will be back, and we can talk things through then, okay?" He says, shooing you up the stairs with a wink. "Thanks Kam," You sniff, throat heavy.
"No worries! Just don't take too long in there." He says as you trail up the stairs with a little more hope.

Nope. The hope you had gained from Kaminari's surprisingly good talk had completely and utterly vanished when you had gotten upstairs and turned on the bath water. You run your fingers delicately under the hot scaulding water, the unnatural feeling making you flinch a little at first, but you continue to dip your fingertips in and out of the spitting hot waterfall, flecks landing lightly on your tense arms.

Although baths are known to be mind quenching, all you could think of was the horribleness of the test you were going to have to face, and the torturous revision that was going to have to happen. In fact, once you had gotten out of the bath and slipped into your most comfortable fluffy pyjamas, you had cried about eight different times. Thankfully, you could distinctively hear Kirishima and Bakugo downstairs laughing, so you knew they were definitely back. Before stepping down the stairs with your fur laced slippers, you felt strangely shy. What if they felt weird consoling you, or who knows what? Whatever their reaction would be, you knew one thing for sure; you needed comfort right now, and that was something they were all usually great at in their own unique ways.