Therapist Friend - KiriBakuTodo

[ 4038 words ]

@ineedtobealive ! I'm so so sorry this took so long!

"Y/N, do you have a second?" A small voice whispers, almost undetectable.

You were just about to go home and have your close friend, Lana, over for a girls evening.You'd spent precious time making sure absolutely everything from the temperature of the jacuzzi to the amount of food was perfect...

Who was sabotaging your plans?

You turn around slowly, meeting a pair of clover green eyes, brimming with crystalline tears.

"Oh no, Maria... are you okay?" You exclaim, heart warming with affection instantly.

You knew Maria was having a tough time lately regarding her family, but you'd thought it had been progressively getting better.
You'd made sure to keep a close eye on her ever since she broke down to you in that desolate supermarket carpark you'd taken her to after she'd drunk way too much at a party.

She was vulnerable then, and you knew how nasty some of those guys could get.

"I... I really didn't want to have to bother you on a Friday evening, but I just felt so overwhelmed today." She sniffs, gesturing around the empty work office guiltily.

A few blinds remain open, but the usual noise of the office was diminished to just the hum of dim ceiling lights, ready to become out of use over the weekend.

You sigh, powering off your computer, the blue glow dissipating into darkness and concealing your face.

Time to be the therapist friend once again...

"Maria... You can come to me at any time, I'd much rather know you're doing well than some silly evening plans I'll forget about in a few days." You smile tenderly, making your way over to the small figure once again.

She smiles through her tears, enveloping you in a quick hug.
Her dark hair smells like freshly squeezed oranges as it falls over her shoulder.
"I really appreciate you, Y/N. I honestly don't know if I'd still be here without you..."

The constant hum of the ceiling lights distorts in a sickening way as you analyse her words.

You'd never dealt with something like this.

Swallowing back your fear, you project a sad smile on your face, reaching out to touch her shoulder.

She seemed to be crying more now, salty tears dripping down her cheeks and pooling at her chin in cascading rivers.

"Don't say that, you'll always be here, I'm going to make sure of it." You whisper, degrading words ricocheting around your brain like artillery fire.

Could you really always be there?
What if you didn't do a good job in consoling her and she did something stupid  for the worse.

You don't think you could ever forgive yourself.

"Give me one second, I need to cancel some plans. We can get out of here and talk properly afterward." You frown, whipping out your phone and scrambling a spelling-error full text over to Lana.

You didn't want her to get all dressed up just to be stood up.

As soon as the two grey ticks appear, you switch off your phone and stuff it into your pocket, eyes turning to Maria, who was still trembling, her eyes trained to the floor.

"Shh, it'll be fine. Let's get out of here, it's rather stuffy..." You sigh, wrapping a comforting arm around her as you make your way down the stairs to the exit.
You both switch off the remainder of the lights, emerging yourself in darkness, before stepping outside.