1 August, 2021.

THE BOYZ : The Blood Deathmatch's final episode is here!

And I was finally successful in my prediction skills!!

Since only the first episode was a free one, it was a pain to try and look for some account who posted the videos on YouTube and with Eng subs. If this had been a BTS show, I'm pretty sure I would've found a video within 2 hours of it's release.

To be fair, intially I did come across some channels that posted the Eng subbed vids on the same day but the number kept decreasing after each episode and it got to a point where I couldn't find even one video. At this point I was okay with no subs as well (Due to my daily Korean practice via Duolingo, I've come to understand the language better than ever before). The channels that had uploaded the previous episodes took them down and this one channel that I was relying on just vanished completely!

Finally I found someone who had uploaded the last episode albeit with no subtitles. So there's a chance I may have missed out on some details/rules this time.

Anyways, let's move on to the episode, shall we?

As I said, my prediction came true! Sangyeon called Q using his item and he was indeed the King Wolf from the start! They finally showed us all scenes where Q marked the other members.

The first person was New. Right at the beginning of their items collection round, Q asked New to walk together with him and then marked him on the neck (and New immediately knew something was off). Their next target was actually Hyunjae but he ran away as soon as New called him over so Q ended up boldly marking an unsuspecting Sunwoo who probably had no idea why Hyunjae was running and was just enjoying the show. And then we already know how Hyunjae was convinced to become a wolf.

Later, when Hyunjae's Team went to Jacob's team, Q didn't just mark Jacob, he ended up marking Younghoon and Kevin as well at the same time. By the end, only Haknyeon's team was left unscathed (read unmarked). I'm surprised they didn't notice the wolf marks on the others' necks.

Now with Q captured, the Vampires finally won this game!

And then we had the final set of games for this show. Just to create 2 teams, we had the Wolves and Vampires separate again (in the same way they had shown in the last preview).

2 Team mates of a team stand behind a barricade that's open in the middle, and go from one end to another briefly showing a note that contains a task for the opposing team. The opposing team (standing in front of the barricade but a little away from from it) has to try and quickly read what's written on the note and perform the activity to get a point.

This game showed Q, Sunwoo, Eric and Haknyeon's entertaining/teasing side and Haknyeon, Eric and Sunwoo's quick observation skills. The Vampire Team ended up winning yet again (Kevin's twerk mid way did contribute to their win in a way lol).

The final game was an anticlimax to be honest. After so many episodes of team games using speed and strategy, the final deciding game was a game of chance. The filming for this entire show seemed to happen in 1 day so I guess everyone was tired by this point. The vampires ultimately won this game and the green ampoule that came along with it. (Now that I think about it, it was a clean sweep for the vampires so this is very much in line with the overall storyline). Even though Q was captured and was ideally supposed to be a vampire by now, they showed him drinking the green ampoule to turn back into one.

Once a Vampire, always a Vampire.

Good show. I really liked the first half and the plot twists that came with every episode.

Now that this show is done, we can look forward to TBZ's upcoming comeback!

This will be my first comeback with them and I'm excited!

The mini album is called "Thrilling" with the title track being "Thrill Ride". Looking at the concept photos as well as hints dropped by the members themselves, this seems like a D.D.D like concept and I'm all here for it!