29 April, 2023.

I had an adventurous day today.

Since my mid review is around the corner, I wanted to utilise my weekend to prepare for it. And since majority of my work/study material is on the company desktop, I decided to go to office.

Later that my usual In time tho.

I woke up around 10:30 AM, went through my morning routine, planned to have lunch but skipped and reached office by 1. It rained on my way to office and it was not good! The footpaths in this route are not properly built and the rain made it slippery and even more dirty.

Anyways, I always thought that this organisation had a very demanding ask from their employees and there would be quite a few people working over the weekend. But no! My floor legit had nobody except my fellow intern and I.

And even she left in about an hour and a half. I took advantage of the absence of people around and took some pics and vids of the office for my remembrance.

I studied for a bit but couldn't concentrate for long. So I left office 3 hours earlier than I had initially planned to.

I had dinner plans with Kristen so I decided to get there early and explore the area. This time, I decided to take the bus cause it's way cheaper and I was in no rush to get there.

I was happy when I saw that there was a bus which would directly take me to my desired location. I didn't mind waiting for another 15 mins for it. However, the bus never didn't ended up coming and I had to resort to changing buses instead.

The first ride was smooth. I could maneuver my way to the stop shown on maps. The second ride however...

The Maps app is usually correct and has helped me countless amounts of time, enough for me to completely rely on it. So I got on one of the mentioned buses and asked the conductor for a ticket to the place shown as per maps. Turns out, there was no bus stop of that name and the conductor wanted me to be more specific.

I've never had this big of a language barrier issue ever since I came to this city. I was hilariously helpless. I couldn't understand a word he said and vice versa. After much struggle, we came to an agreement and he gave me a ticket. Now it was my responsibility to figure out where exactly the bus was going to drop me and how far away was it from where I wanted to go.

I thought I'd be scared by situations like this but I was thrilled instead. :P I had anyways stepped out with the agenda of exploring and I got one.

I spoke to Kristen and ultimately decided to land up at her PG. The area around her place is buzzing and I really like it! Such a contrast to where I'm staying.

I met with my cutie and we went upstairs and had a good chat. She treated to me to some VERY MUCH NEEDED instant noodles. Love you, K.

After Kristen got ready for the night, we went downstairs and played TT for around half an hour. I really do like the sport but only if I play singles.

We then left for dinner. By the time we reached the place, it started raining heavily. This was an open air restaurant so we had to go to our alternate option instead. Which was also a treat!

We at two types of Sushi, chicken skewers and had mojitos. Really really tasty dinner! Post that, we headed to a nearby bakery for desserts. Guess Kristen has found herself a new go to place thanks to me :)

I loved the vibe of that area. I kinda wish I was staying there. But then again, with my work timings, I don't think I would've been able to fully enjoy what that place had to offer and I would've regretted it.