17 December, 2023.

Trip to Dehradun and Mussoorie begins!

Last night/today morning, I had spent most of my time completing my CFA RC work and got packing only at 5:00 AM which is crazyyyy.

We had planned to leave hostel by 6:30 AM. In hindsight, we should've started earlier cause it was a race against time to reach the station. But then, I wouldn't have had time to pack so I guess this was good. And we did run along the streets and make it in time so all's well.

The train ride was long but comfortable. I got the window seat and looked at the changing scenery around. I had (a sub-par) breakfast and watched Dil Dhadakne Do with Vera. Oh, I'm going with Vera, her close friend Silas and my friend (but now Steffani's boyfriend(?) as well) Yale.

We reached Dehradun a little after 1:30 PM and decided to directly head to our stay. After buying ourselves some apples, we hopped onto a cab and left the vicinity of the train station. I hadn't slept during the train ride but immediately went into slumber during the car journey.

The stay was sooooo far away from the main town. The property was beautiful but it would've been even more beautiful had we come last year - when the cloud burst hadn't ruptured the river bridge and the surrounding area.

It was a bit of a trek to get to the property sans the bridge but we did it. We quickly checked in into the dorm room (we took a co-ed one with 6 beds and luckily ended up having the entire room to ourselves), explored the property and had some less than mediocre food at the stay. It was 4:30 PM by that time and since we were far away from the city, we decided it wouldn't be wise to travel so much and try to come back to the mountains at night when there are no street lights in sight.

So we spent some more time admiring the view. And then "trekked" down to the stream, took some cinematic videos and aesthetic photos and sunk our feet in the cold ass water chit chatting for a bit.

After about an hour and a half, we headed back towards the property, and ended up having some delicious "pahadi maggi" at the stall right next to our stay. After coming back to our dorm, we had a fun time playing games. We have also stolen one of the heaters but nobody seems to be around for a check so we're going to see if our luck lasts. Plus, I don't think it is possible to survive the night without a heater. It is soooo colddddd!

I've come on the top bunk now, it's nice. Enough to have a proper good night's sleep.

Today started on a question mark because Vera and Silas weren't on talking terms in the beginning but things have gotten better throughout the day and we're now 4 young happy people out an about to enjoy our small vacay!