27 December, 2022.

For the first time since I was born, I spent my birthday away from family. Away from the guy I share my birthday with.

It's all part of the changes we go though in life. And I am perfectly on board. And ready to spend more time away if and when absolutely necessary.

My days and nights have merged since I joined the Placement Committee (of the MBA college I go to) so I honestly considered my birthday to begin right after I took a bath and reported to office for the night shift.

Cause I spoke to my parents and Alex for a while where the former showed us a Christmas decorated store - a ritual that we had on our birthday every year.

Then I had another long call with a friend (ex-office colleague) of mine where she filled me in on the adventures of her life these past months. Good chat, really good chat!

And then it was time for my actual birthday to begin. My committee has a ritual that we'll celebrate birthdays around 12AM with cake being cut, birthday song being sung, cake being either distributed or smashed and a photo being clicked. And that's mostly because we're all anyways together at 12.

But I made it a point to answer Alex's call and let him wish me first (Alex is in another continent so his birthday started at another time) before we did the deed.

2 of my friends helped me get cleaned up in this cold ass weather and then surprised me by decorating my side of the room with lights (!!) and gave me gifts! I was sooooooo happpyyyyy!! I had forgotten that this was how normal people (fems atleast) celebrated birthdays when they're in a hostel.

After trying out my gifts, we went back to office. Only to come back to make and have some spicy ass ramen. Boy they were soooo spicy but sooooo goooood!

After heading back to office and getting some much needed work done by 4AM, I ditched a drinking plan and went to sleep.

Woke up bright and early - at 10:30 AM - felt happy to realise that I didn't have a 9AM class for once so I didn't miss it and went to attend the 11AM class.

Quite a few people wished me for my birthday and I'm so surprised and gladddd!

I honestly had a tough time talking to people again but I can slowly see myself opening up again. I do know my limits tho. I'll only open up as much as my position in college (and my new nature) allows me to and that too with selected people.

I wanted to pay attention in class but got off track. Issokaaay tho it's my birthdaaaaay!

I had a test post class and unlike the last test where I felt completely hopeless, I found a seat next to a good guy who helped me get good marks.

Then I had some tasty lunch at our mess and attended another lecture post which, my friend/teammate/classmate and I went to have some tea and pasta while also getting some goddamn sunshine on our skin.

I reported to office late today and decided to spend time with myself within MDRC itself. Because that's just me as a person and it's not something I'm looking to change.

Then I went to give an exam at 5PM. Not a bad one, I'd say. I even got people to help me for once.

I spent the rest of the day having some short and some really long calls with people I hadn't had the chance to talk to before.

I also finally hung out with Samantha - someone I hung out with a lot during my initial days here - and it felt so so good! We knew that we'd connect after I was able to talk to people again but there was still that initial aloofness that we had to get past. Not gonna lie, I understand why it is taking time for people to come up to me, I was quite scary.

Samantha and another friend bought me cake! I absolutely loved it! The cake as well as the gesture!

I had Kurkure for dinner, cause why not.

And then there were more calls. In fact, I am getting another call while I'm writing this.

I love my life.