6 February, 2023.

Birdie came to visit home after 7 months!

We get our time tables on a weekly basis. So when we got ours last Saturday and I saw that I didn't have as many classes as normal, I decided to activate my plan of coming back home for the week.

I knew that whenever I plan my visit back home, it'll be a sudden one. That's just how things work in this institute.

So I booked my tickets and packed my bag amidst conducting an ongoing Placement process and got ready to leave.

This was my first time traveling (by air) alone and I wanted to be ready for all last minute fuck ups so I woke up really early (by 5:30 AM), left college really early (by 6:15 AM) and reached the airport really early (by 7:45 AM) for my 11:00 AM flight.

The ride to the airport was good. I even got to witness a prettily painted bypass which was apparently shut for quite a few weeks.

I got done with my airport formalities with ease and explored the area. Wasn't really much tho. Kinda disappointed to he honest. Moreover, the airport lounge was also not functional.

After exploring my breakfast options, I decided to take a sub, go to the waiting area, get some work done and wait for the boarding to begin. I in general love being by myself and really liked the experience of traveling alone.

My visit back home was supposed to be a surprise for Alex but it slipped my mind when I put up a story clearly indicating that I have left for some place.

After getting a good sleep throughout the plane ride, we landed in my hometown and I met my dad post collecting my bag.

Our airport is sooo much better!

Mom and grandad welcomed me back home and we had some REAL pav bhaji for lunch.

I freshened up, spoke to my parents and got some work done for the remainder of the day.

Grandad got dabeli for snacks and about 2 hours after that, Dad and I went to get vada pav for dinner and I also had sugarcane juice on the way. Post dinner, mom, dad and I went for a long drive around town. I kept looking out for structural changes in town and tested my road recall skills along the way. Lowkey felt like a tourist in a foreign land.

I purposely didn't keep any plan with friends or other family members today cause I wanted to spend it with these cuties. Pretty sure they were glad too.