27 May, 2023.

Lazy weekends are here.

I used to feel frustrated with myself for not planning my weekends well but now that I have reached my final weekend of the internship, I find myself perfectly fine doing particularly nothing for most part of the day.

Cause I'm definitely having my fair share of outings/adventures regardless.

Today for example, I woke up at Patrick's place early morning (we went out partying last night to celebrate our Case Comp win and crashed at his place cause it was way too late to go back to mine). And had a nice breezy ride to my place. I ate breakfast at my PG for the first time since I stepped foot there. It's not like I'm missing a feast but it was still good food.

I did go off to sleep after chatting with my PG roommate for a bit tho.

To be honest, second half of last year onwards, my sleep cycle was so bad that I missed having decent amount of sleep. I'm glad that this internship helped me do that.

Anyways, I lazed around for most part of the day. And then head out to meet Kristen in the evening.

This time, we decided to go to a trampoline park which Kristen claimed was near her place. She was so off! It took me a good hour and a half to secure a cab and reach the mall.

And another 15 mins to wait for the lift and ultimately escalate 6 floors. Kristen was waiting for me there. Unfortunately, so were many others. The place was filled with way too many people, especially kids. Kristen and I ended up not going inside cause we were sure we'd "trample" on some lil kids in our excitement.

We ended up going to another gaming zone which was also filled with kids but a tolerable number. We had a go at almost all machines, be it our trusted basketball and air hockey or games that involved motorbikes, guns, frogs, balls, hammer, claws, etc. By the end, we won ourselves some pencils and a fidget spinner.

For dinner, we first went to a sushi place, had one dish and then visited the food court where we settled for a sizzler and a (non-alcoholic) drink. We spoke about Kristen's family, our plans post internship, her room/friends situation and had a healthy debate over friendships and relationships.

After getting ice creams (where I got a cup AND a cone :P), we headed out of the mall and had a long discussion about PPOs.

Both of us knew this would be the last time we met in this city. I'm so so glad that both of us had the opportunity to meet each other so often again, especially in a new unknown city. She's definitely home away from home for me. We don't know what the future holds for us, if we'd work in the same city again or not, but we knew that once we go back to college, it'll again be another year of staying in touch through calls and texts. Which is why each and every meet for the last 2 months will be treasured!