31 May, 2022.

I had a pretty productive day in comparison to the last couple of weeks.

In the morning, I enquired at a photo studio regarding some polaroid prints that I have meaning to get, either for Kristen or me.

My mom had gone to our optometrist to get some tests done and I joined as her as soon as it got done. Once she got her prescription, we went to the optician and got ourselves (some pricey) eye glasses. I was tempted to go out of my comfort zone and take a transparent frame but settled for a bigger-than-my-usual cat eye one instead. Eyewear is so expensive!!

We then bought some hand towels, kitchen towels, 2 Kurtis, a salwar, a bathrobe and a pair of footwear from the local market.

It was past 1PM by the time we came back home and after a late lunch, I tried out the clothes that I had bought, made a mental list of some of the outfit pairings I could make and packed them in a suitcase.

Thereafter, I finally finished clearing the top shelf and cleared the bottom shelf of my study table. I may not be super regular at purging my belongings but I didn't expect there to be that much junk in my storage. I feel so relieved now that that's done with. I like to know exactly what I have in my storage.

I ate a lot of food today but I really need to control. I am going back to my pre work self and that's not exactly a pretty one. On the other hand, mom has asked me to let her know what dishes I would like to have before I left. Honestly, I live such a blessed life that I am already getting what I like to eat without having to specially plan for it. I'm seriously going to miss this privilege.

Post dinner, I spoke to one of my office mates after months and it felt so good! I've not been in a mood to talk to anyone this past week but I really need to get back to communicating with people.

I hadn't spoken to Kristen in a while and I finally spoke to her as well. Woman isn't here on her birthday, which is a bummer but I'll definitely go ahead with the gifts I've planned for her. She's my best friend afterall.