Subtle

He's been gone all morning

He's been gone all morning. You don't know where he went and you didn't ask before he left. Whatever it was, you weren't too concerned, anyway. It was about time you two had some space. It helped clear your mind and helped you move on. You were moving on.

There was another reason you were thankful he had left for the morning. You could feel the chills run up the sides of your arms, goosebumps appearing where your skin was once smooth.

You eyed the closet doors curiously. It was almost eerie how quiet it was around you. You dropped your eyes for only a moment before raising them up again.

You had to do this. You were going to do this.

You finally gather the balls to do something you've been wanting to for some time now. It had been eating away at you like mad.

Once in front of the closet, you crouch down. You raise your left hand slowly roll the doors open, your eyes immediately dart down to the little black box on the ground. Exactly where he'd left it.

Part of you was happy that it remained untouched.

Per Steve's orders, you had both buried any of your weaponry about a mile before reaching the wall nearly three months ago. You weren't supposed to be bring any inside with you. It was forbidden.

It had shocked you when you and Bucky had been arguing about going after Ashen and he had pulled out a G19, angrily strapping it onto his leg to prove a point. He obviously snuck it in. At the time, you hadn't really given it much thought. You were more shocked that he ignored his best friend's request.

Now, it concerned you for different reasons.

You sat criss cross in front of the box, staring at it for a few more long seconds. Taking in a deep breath, you opened it. It opened with a small click.

There it was.

Matte black. Subtle but deadly.

You eyed the gun like it was a ticking bomb. You've never held a fire arm before, but that wasn't necessarily why you were nervous. You were nervous to know why the hell he had it stacked away in your bedroom when you knew he didn't even have the intention of killing anyone on this mission. He made sure to make you aware of this, many times.

You also knew it wasn't to be used on you. There was no way.

The only other plausible reason he had it, kept you on edge.

You didn't want your thoughts going there.

You reached slowly for the gun until you felt it lay heavy in your right hand. It was heavier than it looked. It felt deadlier than it looked.

You swallowed thickly, allowing yourself to think the worst.

Was he going to use this on himself?

You suddenly wanted it as far away from you as possible.