Escape

ᴾᴿᴼᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ       It was 1938 in Brooklyn, and he was just twenty-one years old when his father had died and he became an orphan

ᴾᴿᴼᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ

It was 1938 in Brooklyn, and he was just twenty-one years old when his father had died and he became an orphan. Months before, his sister had been taken away from him while he was training at the same camp his father had trained at - Camp Lehigh, in New Jersey. The day his father died was also the same day he had met her.

Her name was Daisy.

It was a magical fairytale from the moment his eyes fell on her for the very first time. He was just outside the Cotton Club when she emerged from inside the Dusenberg J. She had light blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. She had a pearl and diamond bracelet on her left hand, and her other hand was wrapped up in a prestigious white glove. Her gown had been sparkling and silver, hugging her body at just perfect places. It showed off her curves gracefully and it was obvious that she was the woman Bucky had been waiting for his entire life.

And so they danced that night to The Way You Look Tonight after she had sipped a dirty Martini. His hand settled for the small of her back and he took her breath away just like she had his.

Later that night they ended up in Dumbo, in his cheap apartment, where they shared their first kiss. Ella Fitzgerald's voice was playing on his record player in the background as he laid her onto his bed. That was also the same night she realized he was a soldier, and that he would soon be leaving her behind.

They fell in love too fast, too strongly. They had only known each other for a few weeks when he proposed to her.

He wished he had known it would be the last time he would see her.

He wouldn't know what he lost until seventy-six years later.

PART 1

"THE SOCIETY"

+++

In a moment of weakness, you can't help but try to find your building on the horizon made up of glass.

You try to find the room that had been yours for the last six months.

The home where he had belittled you countless of times.

But also where he had touched your skin so softly, leaving a trail of fire and heat.

The bedroom where you had given your heart to him in your bed,

and where you thought he had given you his.

+++

1

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 2021

You needed to escape The Capitol. The tears are heavy in your throat and it burns from the screaming and crying that you had done earlier in your room. Your right-hand closes and tightens again. You didn't think it would get this bad. Not your love for him, nor his boundless hate towards you.