It's Cumming

"You know I don't mean to put you on the spot, right?" Will asks you as he sits next to you on the bed

"What do you mean?" You ask, genuinely confused.

"Like when I came in here the first time questioning you about Barnes."

You let out an annoyed groan.

"Stop—"

"No, please, let me explain myself. Please, Y/N."

The look he was giving you was too kind to pass up. Damn him for being such a nice guy.

"Fine. Talk."

He put his plate of tomatoes down and turned to fully face you.

"I know you, Y/N. You know I do. I know you well enough to know you are trully happy right now," he gives you a small smile, "You're so happy. I hadn't seen you this happy in years." You can't help but smile yourself.

"I am."

"I know. I know you are." He nods and then takes your hand into his, "You know I'm not one for gossip. I don't like to hear drama unless it's from the direct source."

"You always were bit of a sap."

He smirks.

"Sure, but it's true."

"Alright. What gossip did you hear."

His eyes search yours.

"After I became better friends with Jess and Steve, I started asking more questions about your mission. Simply because you were my best friend and I was so worried about you and was overall curious. I know it was your dream to always go on an avenger mission but this was different, ya know? So I asked."

"Sure." You nod, understanding.

"They told me how strong you were, how you stood tall on two feet, how you stabbedd a guy through the chest, and all this amazing stuff about you, and I thought to myself," you couldn't help the perk of your lips as he told you the story, "that's the girl I know." Something happens to his tone as he says the last part. He almost sounded sad, "Bucky was well loved, too. I also heard great things about him. It helped me sleep at night, knowing you were in safe hands." He jaw tenses at that. His words were nice, but his posture was off.

"I was. I was safe."

"I know that too. You're here with me now, aren't you? He saved you."

Will tugs a strand of your hair behind your left ear, his eyes on it as they pull away from your gaze.

"Tell me what you are thinking, Will."

"I know you also had a tense relationship before you left," you can't help the scoff that leaves your lips, "I know you were always a sucker for those enemies to lovers tropes," You smile at that. He continues to play with that strand now dangling neard the bottom of your ear, "Just tell me he didn't hurt you. That's all I need to know," your whole demeanour closes in at his words, "I know he's a good guy and all that, but knowing you andd the kind of person you are and seeing how much you've changed in ways only I can probably tell, I need you to tell me."