Chemistry

You couldn't focus properly

Your blood was howling in your ears, and your heart was heavy in your chest.

To make matters worse, you were still in pain from your stitches.

It wasn't as bad as the first few days, but it was still very uncomfortable. Especially now, as you ran out of your tent, trying to avoid everyone's questioning gaze and Wills'.

Your heart broke at hearing your daughter's cry behind you, but you couldn't be in there right now. Not with the lingering fear that you had that it was all about to be ripped away from you.

You weren't an idiot.

You saw how much that woman had affected Bucky, and how much he cared about her.

The act alone, of him bringing her here with no hesitancy, spoke for itself.

The thing was, the second you met Bucky, the connection between the two of you was palpable. Maybe your empathy powers had something to do with that connection. You thought about it before, it had crossed your mind; maybe the reason you were so drawn to him wasn't because you were more into him at first than he was, but it was because you felt his attraction towards you right away and in reaction it made you react strongly to him.

Your mutual attraction to each other was always there. You don't know if it was your empathy. You don't even know for sure if being pregnant maybe made it stronger. There was still a lot unknown, but you did know you always felt the things Bucky also did which is what made your emotions and arguments always more intense.

This includes the way you felt the guilt and fear oozing out of Bucky only seconds ago.

You had to run out of there. Your emotions, when interlocked, always became too much for you both to bare.

That blue halo became blinding at times.

You're still speed walking as fast as you can, when you feel Wills' hand on your arm.

"Let's not act like I just didn't hear what you both said in there." He says as you are half turned to him.

Spinning around, you face him all the way now.

You were getting cranky.

You were tired. You were so tired.

"Mind your own business, Will." You say, wiping your tear from underneath your eye that had managed to escape. Will says your name one more time, but you continue to turn back around to walk away. It felt weird running away from what could possibly be the only thing that could help you; Bucky. Will says your name once more and it annoys you. You're absolutely done at this point. "I said leave it alone!" He clenched his jaw and catches up to you.

He stops in front of you.

"No."

You give him a long glare.