Day Two

ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇ ɴ ʜ ɪɴ, ʟᴀᴜɢʜ ɴ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴅᴇɪɢɴ, ʟꜱᴛ ɪɴ ɪᴍᴇ.

ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ, ʟᴀᴜɢʜꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴅᴇꜱɪɢɴꜱ, ʟᴏꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

[

[...] ꜱᴄʀᴇᴇᴄʜɪɴɢ ꜱᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ʜɪʟ. ɢʟɪɴ ᴍᴇᴛᴀʟ...

You weren't sure if you were still dreaming or if reality had officially become unbelievably terrifying. Your first instinct is to swallow the gasp that escapes your throat as your body is being rocked from side to side. A cloud of heavy orange dust had crawled up into your sinuses and you tried to find what strength you could to cough out the dirt and finally be able to breathe properly again. Your lungs felt heavy and they burned ardently, a feeling of nausea and suffocation overwhelming your upper belly in tight waves.

You couldn't be sick, not now.

You hear a strong voice calling out to you and your eyes finally somewhat adjust to the smog. You're able to see Bucky right in front of you, his face scrunched up in concern. He's yelling, you know he is, but your still-asleep mind can't seem to wrap around the words he is saying. You feel the taste from the Apple you had eaten hours before on the roof of your mouth, and the twigs dig into your palms as you stretch yourself up into a sitting position.

You look around, seeing nothing but that orange smoke, your visibility very small.

You're awake, and you snap your head to look at Bucky again, and this time he's pulling you up by your arm. You feel the digits of his flesh hand digging into your forearm.

"What's going on?" Your voice is hoarse and your throat is dry, begging for some water.

His brows are tight-knit and a growl comes from somewhere behind you. You freeze and you feel your eyes go wide, searching his for answers.