Daddy's Little Girl

"She doesn't cry much

"She doesn't cry much." You say a few minutes after the most enjoyable silence of your life, "I'm not sure why."

Bucky frowns.

"Not even when she's hungry?"

You shake your head.

"It's more of whine than a cry. But again, she's only been here a day or so. I think it's too soon to tell."

+ + +

Bucky walks into Steve's tent, his shoulders feeling light and relaxed.

"They're both asleep. I'm going to be moving my things into their tent so I can stay with them." Bucky tells Steve as he takes a seat near the weapons table.

Steve looks at Bucky briefly before letting out a sigh.

"I wanted us to talk just the two of us first before we have the briefing with Daisy and Bruce."

Bucky nods.

"Bucky," Steve sighs, sitting across from him, "It's Daisy. She's alive. She's here."

"Yes."

Steve observes him closely, his green-blue eyes squinting at him.

"This is the part where you explain everything."

Buck takes in a deep breath.

"Look, I didn't know Ashens was her son. I didn't even know she was still alive. Me and Bruce were at their main building, I went into the head leader's office, because I wanted to find anything that could possibly show us a trace to those vials. She was in the hallway, and she came in..." Bucky tells Steve the details about Ashen and about Sophie.

"So she's innocent." Steve says, a few minutes later, now sitting up taller and less defensive.

"For the most part, yes. So are her children. She wanted to be with Ashens, which I clearly had nothing against. And there's another reason I brought her, too." Steve raises a brow, "There's this town called Doma." Bucky tells Steve the details that Daisy told him, "It's this untouched town, basically. But habitable, and safe. With the cure, we can start a new life there. After we make the public aware, of course. Then we'd expand."

"So it's a restart?" Steve asks.

"Yeah, and a place I can finally raise my family. I was not going to pass that up."

"And where do your feelings lie for Daisy?" Steve asks quietly.

"I'm over her, Steve. Y/N is the love of my life. It's her and only her. I know I have to tell her about Daisy, and I will. I just — I need to do it carefully because she saw me at my worst because of her."

"That's the thing, Bucky. You literally were your worst because of Daisy. You knew what her loss did to you emotionally, and you're acting pretty nonchalant about her return right now which is worrisome."