Fresh

2 weeks later

2 weeks later

You should be crying, or at least trying to suppress some kind of emotion, yet all you could do was was stare at the plastic stick in your hand as your thoughts ran wild.

The cool feeling of the bathroom floor underneath your feet soothed you. The occasional whiff of the shampoo you've both used non stop the last six months, a mix of vanilla and chamomile, lingered around the room like an inviting hug. It helped. You were scared, but you were also excited. Aside from all your negative thoughts and doubts of having to raise a child in a post apocalyptic world, you were happy about this.

This was never how you imagined being pregnant with your first child, but you were okay with it. Content. It was you and Bucky. You cared about each other deeply. The thought of him holding a little baby, your baby, makes your belly flutter with butterflies and your hand goes to it. You rub it softly.

You reach over next to the toilet to rip off a generous piece of toilet paper, wrapping the stick inside. After disposing of the pregnancy stick in the trash, you wash your hands and stare at yourself in the mirror.

Your hair was surprisingly neat for having slept in a little later today and hardly have looked into a mirror prior to now.

Your skin was clear and your eyes sparkled. You were glowing and you've never looked healthier or happier. You looked down at your belly once more. Would he be as happy as you were right now?

You remember that time he showed up with that plan B in his hand.

But that was different you tell yourself.

You take a deep breath.

What you didn't expect when you walked out into the hallway was for Bucky to be standing right outside waiting for you.

Your heart skips a beat. You wondered for how long he'd have that affect on you and if it also happened to him.

"Hey." You say gently.

His eyes flickered over your face and then to over you shoulder and back to you again.

"Hey," He takes a few tentatives steps towards you, taking your right hand in his. It immediately warms you from head to toe, "We need to talk." His hands were always so soft.

He intertwines his fingers with yours. Diligently, he moves you back until you're up against the wall next to the bathroom door and he leans down and kisses you softly. His lips fit against yours just perfectly, you bottom one in between both of his as he leaves you gentle pecks.

When he pulls away you see a certain darkness in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" You ask hesitantly, not wanting any more moments with him tarnished.

He runs his thumb over your cheek and it sends tingles up your spine. The emotions you felt for this man was unreal. It was obvious his thoughts were not much different than yours judging by the look on his face as he stared at you.