Raspberries

ꜱɪx ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

ɪx ʏᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

"...DOMA has expanded beyond the state. Because of Doma, our team was able to restore humanity again. It took a trial period of a year for the doors to open up and for vaccinations to begin. Word spread slowly, and it was monitored by the officials.

With that, construction expanded as well as hope was restored once again.

After a year and a half, the vaccination was then shared across the seas.

It took six years for the world to finally get a taste of before, once again.

Your allies were also the great help that aided the entrance into the Capitol.

Since all of Hydra had been in the Capitol. it was easy to control who left and who went in.

Once the innocent were salvaged, SHIELD and the team used what was once the headquarters in the capital as the prison. Being so far out and guarded by a huge iron wall, the country felt pretty safe.

"...And all of this was thanks to Bucky Barnes. He was a great man. He was also my best friend, a soldier, a true warrior and hero. But more than that, he was like you and me. He was a loving partner; a father. Without him, I wouldn't have had the courage to have made the choices that brings us to where we are now. Back to a life where we can come home to our family, to our mothers and fathers, brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews safe and without fear. I made every choice and took every step that led us hear, because of him."

"We now have over triple the population again of what we had six years ago. The deaths are no longer exceeding the living. Our companies are back and so are our livelihoods. I can't live the life the exact way I wanted or hoped to without the one person I wanted by my side, but at least my daughter has that hope now. That's why wanted to build this for him. A school for our kids where they can dream bigger, dream exceedingly."

Behind you, was James Bucky Barnes Elementary.

Everyone that was standing outside on the street in front of you was clapping for you and you smiled wide.

You could feel the tears in your eyes already started to brew.

You hadn't been back at Doma since four years ago. Even it being so long after his death, it hadn't gotten any easier. It still hurt the same exact way.

It just felt farther away, but that only made it worse.

Two months ago, you decided you wanted to move back here. You left Steve, Sam, and the team back at recovering upstate New York.

You traced down the same exact home from Doma you had lived in for a short period of time.

It had been untouched. You were thankful for that on some level.

Being back here did something to your heart.

It made you crave the part that was no longer there and could no longer be found.

You smile through your tears as the clapping continues. Some publicity photos are taken, and then you share some handshakes.

Too soon, but not soon enough, you make your way out through the crowd.

You talk to who you need to and you're thankful they let you go early. Y

ou're also thankful your little girl is at the home she left six years ago with Wanda, who had come along for support, babysitting her.

You needed a moment to yourself, alone.

You find your legs taking you far into the woods.

He had kissed you here once. Right next to that tree. You let out a long breath of air.

"Give me a sign that it wasn't all a dream. Because the last few years without you have been a nightmare that I want to wake up from." You whisper tearfully.

It's silent. Not even a gust of wind blows by.

You place your hand on the tree in front of you and sink down to your knees.

You turn around and sit up against it. You let out a long exhale. You rest your hands against the ground and you look up beyond the branches.

You hear the birds chirping.

Would it ever get easier? Ever? You ask yourself.

You brush a strand of your hair behind your ear, and that's when you feel something wet wipe across your cheek.

You look at your finger.

Red.

You stomach falls at the thought of blood, the trauma still following you.

But then you look down at the ground below you.

You don't know if you're pissed about your stained trousers or if you want to cry unbelievably hard.

You follow the patchy red in the dirt behind the tree when you see them growing there.

Raspberries.

+ + +

ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ
ᴡᴀ ʙʀɪᴇᴅ ɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ɴ
ʟʟ ʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴡᴀ ʜɪᴛᴇ
ʏ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ʏ, ʏ...