Twenty Nine

A few weeks later
Baby Shower
9am

Wanda, Kristina & May are setting up before everyone arrives. Bucky & Steve are in the kitchen preparing the food. Appetizers & sides for the baby shower. Mr. & Mrs. Sampson's daughter, Rachel, drops off the desserts. About an hour later, May & Wanda tell Celina to go upstairs & get dressed.

Celina goes upstairs, takes a shower & gets dressed. After nearly thirty minutes, Wanda goes upstairs to check on Celina. She knocks on the door before opening it.
"Hey. Need help with anything?", Wanda asks.

"No. I got it. Thanks. How's everything looking?", Celina says putting on her flip flops. She stands up & turns around.

"Everything looks great. Peter & MJ are on their way. They're bringing some chips & soda. Bucky & Steve are just about to put the wings in the oven." They both leave the bedroom & head back down.
"Doll. You look beautiful", Bucky says.

 You look beautiful", Bucky says

He kisses her. When he pulls away, he touches her belly.
"How are the babies doing?"
"Calm. Haven't been kicking all crazy", she laughs. She looks around the room.
"It looks great in here." They all smile. The doorbell rings & Bucky opens it.
"Is where the party is?", Peter jokes.

Bucky steps aside, chuckling. Peter & MJ walk in, saying hi to everyone.
"Celina, this is MJ. MJ, this the guest of honor Celina & her husband Bucky." They all shake hands.
"It's so great to finally meet you, MJ. We've heard many good things", Celina says. She smiles.

"Thank you. It's great to meet you both. Congratulations on your marriage & babies. Your dress is so nice. It shows off your pregnancy glow", MJ says.
"Aww. Thank you. Thanks for coming."
"My pleasure. Thank you for inviting me."

"Well, foods in the oven. Peter, want to help me in the kitchen?", Bucky asks.
"Sure, Mr Barnes." He kisses MJ's cheek & they leave the room. Everyone introduces themselves to MJ. There's a knock on the door. Celina opens the door.

"Surprise." She smiles wide.
"Oh my god, you guys made it." She hugs Lois & Clark.
"I didn't think you were coming."
"Hence why we said surprise", Clark says. She moves aside & they step in with a few gifts.

"Everyone, this is Clark & his girlfriend Lois.(the men leave the kitchen) You already know my husband but this is Steve, Peter, May, Wanda & Peter's girlfriend MJ." She points to each person as she says their name.

"Hello, everyone", Clark & Lois say

"Make yourselves comfortable." The doorbell rings & Steve opens it.
"Sam's here", Steve says loudly closing the door.
"Hey beautiful", Sam says hugging her.
"Hey. Where's Sarah & the boys?"
"At the hotel. The boys wanted to go for a swim so they should be here later." Bucky walks over to Sam & they hug.

Sam introduces himself & everyone chit chats. Bucky & Steve check on the food.
Another knock a few minutes later.
"Bucky, Mr & Mrs Samson are coming." Bucky rushes over to the door & helps them in. Bruce, Clint, Laura & the Barton kids show up all at once. They all hug & head inside.

Clint touches her belly.
"Hey babies. It's Uncle Clint. Hurry up already. We want to meet you." Celina laughs as they hug. A couple minutes later, the doorbell rings & Celina answers it. This time it's Pepper, Happy, Rhodey & little Morgan.
"Come in guys. Thanks for coming."

"Guys & girls, if your thirsty we have water, soda & beer in the coolers under the display table. Help yourselves", Celina says. Celina & Bucky take all the gifts & puts them in the nearly empty hall closet. Bucky calls Clint over.

"If the kids want to go upstairs & watch a movie or something, they can hang out in our room." He nods & tells the kids. The kids rush upstairs & so does Morgan.
"We'll call you when food's ready", Celina shouts.

About an hour later, food is done & everyone forms a line & sits down. The doorbell rings & Celina goes to get it. Sarah & the boys have arrived. They all get a plate of food & dig in. Once they're all done, they begin playing games. Fast Diaper changing, guessing the width of Celina's belly with string.

An hour or so later, they open presents

An hour or so later, they open presents. So many diapers, diaper wipes. Steve & Wanda bought the babies their first cribs. Mr & Mrs Samson gives them a huge box hand-me-downs clothes from  their niece who had boy/girl twins. Sam, Sarah & the boys got the the babies clothes & toys. Clark & Lois brought bottles, ointments, clothes, diapers. So on & so forth.

Bucky clears his throat & tells Celina she has one more gift. She opens it to reveal a photo. A photo of his parents side by side with a photo of her parents.
"For the babies room so their grandparents will always watch over them", Bucky says. Celina begins to cry as she swipes her fingers over her parent's image. She gets up & hugs him.

"Thank you so much, baby. You have no idea how much this means to me." She kisses him passionately.

They pull away as she wipes away her tears

"I love you so much, Buck."
"I love you too, Doll." She turns to everyone.
"Thank you all for the presents. These babies are definitely going to be spoiled rotten by all of their aunt's, uncle's & cousin's."

"I want to meet the babies already", Morgan says touching Celina's belly. She laughs.
"Yeah. Me too", Celina replies. Everyone hangs out a bit more as Celina heads upstairs with the photo of hers & Bucky's parents. She sits on her bed as she cries & kisses the glass.

"I miss you both so much. Mom, Dad, I wish you were here to meet your grandchildren. This isn't fair."
"Baby, you ok?", Bucky asks. She sets the picture down & looks at him.
"I'll be fine. I just miss them. That's all. It's a beautiful gift."

She wipes her tears as he hugs her & kisses her. They head back down & not long after one by one, they begin leaving. May, Wanda, Steve & Sam stay to help them fix up the house. After a couple of hours, all the presents are upstairs, the house is fixed & the guests say goodbye.