Chapter 43: Constellations

Y/N-

I made my way to the astronomy tower from the library. As I reached the stairs I could smell something sweet.

I climbed the stairs and stuck my head around the corner. There he was sitting in our spot on a picnic blanket covered in all of my favorite deserts.

At the sound of my footsteps he turned and smiled up at me. "Come sit," he said rubbing his hand on the ground next to him.

I was in awe. I couldn't believe he did all of this for me. I sat down next to him completely speechless my eyes roaming the blanket at all he laid out for us. In the middle was a vase with three flowers sticking out of it.

They were perfectly imperfect like they had been hand picked. "They are from the Black Lake."

I turned to meet his eyes. "You picked them?"

He nodded smiling, "that night that we went to the party at the lake, you danced right beside this little bouquet of these flowers all night."

I let out a small laugh thinking about everything that happened that night.

"I didn't get to dance with you that night."

"Theo we danced at the karaoke party" I said with a small laugh completely oblivious as to where the conversation was headed.

"But we got interrupted. We haven't had a night just for us. Maybe it's time we change that," he reached over and tilted my face towards him. "Y/n Black, would you like to be my date to the Yule Ball?"

I felt the heat rush to my face. "Of course I do, Theo." I leaned forward and kissed him.

His hand that was on my cheek moved to the back of my head deepening the kiss. After a few seconds he pulled away.

I sat back smiling at him.

"There's one more thing."

"And what might that be?"

He pulled his other hand that rested on the ground beside him. I hadn't even noticed he'd been holding a paper this whole time.

"You know how I said every muggle thing was stupid?"

"Mmh?"

"Well this one thing isn't." He paused staring down at the paper in his hand. "This is the one prospect the muggles got right."

He reached forward handing it to me. The paper read:

Name A Star....

I opened it and inside was an image of a small constellation, below it said 'Y/N Black.'

"You named a Star after me?!" I could feel the tears of joy rushing to my face as my heart beat out of my chest.

"You deserve more than this world and the ones beyond can give you. I wanted you to know that."

I looked at him then out at the sky, "every time you look out at the sky I want you to remember this moment." My eyes met his and he smiled at my inability to form proper words.

"I know we have thrown around terminology, but I don't want there to be any question, so.... Will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded still staring out at the sky. I turned to him, "yes-" was all I could say before his lips met mine.

He reached back and moved the plates behind me to the side and leaned me back on the blanket. His tongue ran across my bottom lip asking for entrance which I gave him happily.

His tongue roamed through my mouth and throat as he placed his arm by my head to prop himself up, straddling me.

When we were both out of breath the kiss broke but he kept his forehead resting on mine, our noses side by side and our lips grazing against each other as we took a breather.