Chapter 69: Learning to Share

⚠️⚠️⚠️warning mature content ahead ⚠️⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️⚠️ in honor of chapter 69 ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Y/N-

We came back inside and gathered around the living room, Molly was in the kitchen with Arthur and Lupin cooking dinner.

Sirius stuck his head in and asked to go for a walk.

I got up and met him in the hall. "Walk where? You can't go outside?"

"I want to show you something." He extended his arm.

Reluctantly I took his hand in mine. I felt myself being sucked through a tube as we apparated and landed in a forrest. I looked around, there was no sign of any civilization. I turned shooting him a confused glance causing him to smile.

Turning he lifted his wand and cast, "revelio."

A small cottage maybe three rooms wide appeared between the trees. He grabbed my hand and led me inside. It was decorated head to toe with photos of my Sirius and my mother from their days at Hogwarts. One bedroom, a kitchen, and a living room.

Curtain lights and plants covered the room, decorating it aesthetically.

"Woah! What is this place??"

"Your Mother and my secret place. My hideout half of the time. It was supposed to be a place for us to escape to just the two of us for date nights. It was my wedding gift to her." He paused. "I never told anyone else about it, but I guess I do not need it anymore...."

Another pause. "I think it's time to pass it down to you. Be careful who you share it with. This is my gift for you in case one day your secret is uncovered and you need a safe place to run too."

"So don't tell the Riddles is basically what you are saying." I said with a small laugh.

"Not necessarily. If you trust them then I trust them. But I want you to be completely sure before you make any moves. The future is in your hands after all Opa." He looked around smiling then shook his head shaking himself from a trance. "We shouldn't stay long or it will draw attention. I've kept this a secret from everyone. It's all yours."

I didn't even know what to say. Tears started to stream down my face. "Thank you."

"Merry Christmas Opa,"

"Merry Christmas Dad."

And we hugged. It lasted a few minutes and I never wanted it to end. Nothing else in the world mattered when I was with him.

He was my family and regardless of everything else he would always be my home.

Home isn't a place but the people in which you share a part of your soul with.

He was my home.

And despite all the years we missed, it felt as though I'd always had this connection. A feeling I've only felt with a few people.

Safe.

We headed back to the house and enjoyed dinner.

It was the perfect Christmas.

All I could ever ask for.

But tomorrow I have to board the train and leave my family here.

But it's okay.

Because I know he'll always be here.

And I'm going back to my family at Hogwarts.

We all fell asleep in the living room together. Waking up to a panicked Molly rushing everyone out of the house. Harry stayed back to have a conversation with Sirius and I waited my turn.