look at this idea i have pls

OK OK SO THIS SONG IS CALLED LOVERS OATH

(watch this on .75 speed/slowed its godly)

Now this song also has a fan made title called guizhongs lullaby.

Now, originally I just thought that this was a song between zhongli and guizhong bc they knew eachother and guizhoung died in the archon war. Guizhong also helped zhongli become who he is today and taught him how to be nice or something??? If I remember right it was something like zhongli used to be ruthless and would kill without hesitation, but guizhong was able to make him a better person.

Personally, I love the guizhong x zhongli ship and I find it really sad yet adorable.

And the reason why I ship it is because the song is called lovers oath, so y'know it's like zhonglis and guizhoung are lovers.

But what really intrigued me was the fact that this song only plays when we meet xiao at wangshu inn....

It doesnt appear anywhere else in the entire game, and u have 1 chance to hear it.

Xiao always tells us that he would come if we called his name(not like that u horny people go to horny jail *bonk*)

And he pledged that to us, In other words, it was an oath.

ARE U THINKING WHAT IM THINKING?!??!?!

On xiaos b day line, he gives us a butterfly pendant made out of leaves.

In Chinese culture, where the game is made and what liyue is based off of, butterflies mean undying love to one another.

DO U SEE THIS???!?!

in xiaos teapot lines, idk which on but on one of them he says that his karmic debt is easier to bear, and that it might have something to do with traveler.

Now, even if u dont ship xiao x traveler, u can definitely see how its related and that it could be cannon

Now ik mihoyo wont make it cannon bc we arent focusing on getting a hot bf we want our sibling.

But still u can see how all the clues point to it.

Sooo, this song plays when the lovers meet.

I'm not saying that u have to ship xiao x traveler, I'm just saying it makes alot of fucking sence

Yea I'm going to cry now bc this is so sweet and sad and the fact that mihoyo decided to do this to us is going to make me sob uncontrollably good bye