Chapter 17

July 15, 2015

Cameron

"Bro calm down. I'm sure she'll be okay." Nash said to me as I paced around the basement. Vic rubbed my shoulders.

"I just, I don't see why she wouldn't like it." I confessed. I looked at hayes and he nodded agreeing with me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm gonna talk to her." Nash stood up. All eyes were on Nash. "What!?" He yelped. "I may be a shit gift giver, but I sure am a great advice giver." He defended. I laughed at my Best Friend and picked up the i phone.

"Bring it to her." I gave the phone to Nash. "But don't force it." I added. He nodded and ran up the stairs, skipping a stair every step.

Nash

I don't know how this is going to play out. Yes, I've talked to some fans before about depression, and self harm, but I've never had a face to face conversation for longer than 1 minute about it. I'm a little nervous. I don't know Francesca enough yet to understand how she thinks. Is she an angry or sad person? Or both?

I looked down at the I phone in my hand. Whatever. I've got to do this.

I raised my fist, about to knock on the door. But then I dropped it. Should I think about what to say first? I picked my hand up again and forced myself to knock.

"Get away from me." She whispered from the other side of the door. My heart throbbed for her.

"It's nash."

I quickly set down the I phone on the floor, realizing that it is a bad idea to force it onto her right away.

The lock clicked, and the door was opened by a teary eyed 14 year old girl.

We stared at each other for a good minute or so until I finally gathered enough courage to talk to her.

I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off.

"No Nash. I'm not okay. Nor will I ever be. I don't like feeling like this. It's like that feeling while you're eating your favorite food. You know, when your stomach starts hurting and you want to stop eating, but you can't. That's kind of how I feel. I don't understand why I can't even control my emotions a little bit." She took a deep breath. "It drives me totally insane, that no one understands. I mean, no one can relate to something that hasn't happened to them, but why can't they just have some respect. They don't know how people are feeling." She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room, closing the door behind us. I sat down on the bed watching her as she pacer around her room.

"I just want someone to listen to me." She grabbed her hair and tugged on it. Ripping out a few pieces in the process.

"That's why I'm here. I want to listen to you. I will listen for hours, days or even months. I will listen until my ears bleed your endless stories of heartache or happiness. I will listen until your voice can't tell me anymore. That's what I'm here for. To listen." I professed. Then I started getting.. angry? "I know that you are not happy, but you need to understand that people do care about you, and are willing to listen. Everyone downstairs, who you just completely bailed on would listen. You are so oblivious to the fact that you are not a lone. There are others like this." I let out.

"Maybe YOU.." I exaggerated the you to make the point. "..need to listen for once. I don't want to yell at you but all all of this is in your head. It's not us. It's your mind." I said raising my voice slightly.

She looked into my eyes. "I just want to be normal."

I grabbed her hand and held her. I don't know how long, but I held her until she wouldn't let me hold her anymore. I shouldn't have raised my voice at her but I needed to make my point.

I kissed the top of her head and opened her door. I grabbed the I phone and walked back inside.

"Cameron really wants you to have this, he feels horrible that you got upset. I think you owe him an explanation." I placed one hand on her shoulder and held out her I phone with the other.

"I don't know how to explain it. I don't even know what happened." She confessed, grabbing the phone hesitantly.

"Tell him that. He will understand." I smiled reassuringly. "Now come on!" I motioned over to me. She came closer so I grabbed her hand and started for the door.

"Hey nash?" Her fragile voice spoke. I nodded as if replying yes. "Thanks.. A lot." I kissed her hand and began walking again.