Nineteen

Dyrroth, who just finished having a meeting with the Lord Larva wanders around The Abyss. It's his free time. He doesn't have anything to do at the moment. His mind still thinking about the maiden that he met in the forest. There's surely something about her that attracts his attention.

He never ever have any attraction to anybody in his life. This is his first time. The girl does leave an impression on him. He knows she's afraid of him but she did try to look brave. He likes it. He really looks forward to meeting her again.

His steps pause as he looks around. For some reason, he ended in the Abyss Forest. He didn't even realise he reached there. He feels at home as soon as he arrives there. He's clueless about this but he brushes it off.

He settles himself under one of the trees as he takes a deep breath. It does make him calm. As he leans on the tree he feels himself getting sleepy. He slowly closes his eyes as he falls into a deep sleep.

He finds himself in a small house- in a kitchen exactly. He sits on a chair as he looks at the woman who mixing the batter. He studies her feature. Blonde hair, green eyes, pink lips and those soft cheeks. He likes the feature so much. She's perfect in his eyes.

"Stop staring! You look like a creep" she said as she was busy mixing the batter. She currently making a cookie to be shared with the villager. He chuckles and he pinches her cheeks.

"Hey-" she said as she looks at him with rage.

"Are you mad? That just makes me wanna pinches your cheeks even more" he said as he pinches her cheeks again. Her cheeks getting red.

"Aurelius stop. You're so mean" she said as she let go of the whisker in her hand and she rubs her cheeks. She looks away- sulking. He smiles.

"Okay okay, my bad. You can continue, I'm sorry okay?" he said. She still looks away as she crosses her arms. He stands up as he gives her a peck on her cheeks.

"Eehh-" Ruby said as she blushes. She looks at him with an unbelievable face.

"Does that heals the pain on your cheeks?" he said as he looks at her mischievously. Ruby grabs the ladle as she raises her hand to hit him.

"Hey! You sly-" she said as she swings her hand to hit him. He tries to dodge her attacks. With her quick reflexes, she managed to slap him using the ladle.

"Ouch-" he said as he rubs his cheeks. There's no way he could avoid the scythe user. She has been swinging her heavy scythe for a long time. For her to swing the ladle to hit him is not even a challenge.

"Well? Want more?" she asked as she raises her hand once again.

"N-no" he said as he raises both of his hands- surrender. He feels only pain on his cheeks, he doesn't want to add any more pain to bear with.

"Hmph" she utters as she focuses back on the batter. He looks at her in silence. He feels a bit bored. If he bothers her he will surely be killed by her.

"Instead of you look at me like a creep, you better look at the cookies in the oven" she said. He doesn't say much as he obeys her. He walks to the brick oven and looks at the cookies. It seems like it's ready. He takes the oven mitt as he carefully takes the tray out.

He never complains to do such works since when he stays at the palace, he will never experience living like a normal person. He will showers with wealth and power when he stays there. That's why he prefers to go to Ruby's place almost every week.

He carries the tray as he places it on the table.

"Ruby, I think it's ready" he said. Ruby walks in his direction as she looks at the cookies. She carefully takes a cookie and takes a bite. She smiles as she finds the cookie that she made is a success. She hopes the villagers will like it.

He looks at her who chews the cookies slowly. Without his realisation, his hand pinches her cheeks. Ruby looks at him as she grunts.

"Stop pinching my cheeks! Its hurts you know?" she said.

"I don't think I can stop myself. It's too soft" he said. Without warning, Ruby shoves the hot cookies in his mouth. He yelps as it burns his mouth.

"Serve you right" she said as she runs away.

"Ruby! you-" he said as he runs after her.

Dyrroth's eyes flick open. Before he can even recall back his dream, he looks at his shoulder since he can feel a certain weight on it. He looks at the person with hatred.

"Get off me, woman" he said as he pushes her head away. Selena grunts.

"I just want to sleep here with you too" she said as she slowly approaches him. Dyrroth stands up as he keeps his distance from her.

"Ridiculous. Go find Leomord and laid with him or whatever you want to do" he said. Selena laughs.

"What are you laughing at? Are you crazy?" he said as he looks at her- confuses.

"I did" she said proudly. He can't help but to look at her with disgust.

"Whore" he said.

"Sure, whatever you say" she said as she used to hear that from him. Without wasting any time, he shifts his body to leave the place.

"Wait" Selena said. He looks at her with a questioned face.

"Did you meet Ruby?" she asked. 

"Why do you asked that" he said. It's unnecessary for her to ask questions about Ruby. 

"You mutters her name when you sleep. Wonders if she got you. If she did then I'll make her disappear in this world- no one deserves you except me" she said as she smiles. He looks at her with rage.

"Don't ever lay a hand on her. She's out of your concern" he said as he gives her a glare before he leaves her alone in the forest.

×××