Twenty Five

Ruby walks to the piano as she sits on the bench. It was the same piano in her dream- every of it, even the details of the design on the piano is the same. She wonders why. Ruby never plays the piano in her entire life before- she had never ever seen one by her own eye until this time. She doesn't know how to feel about it anymore. Everything is confusing for her.

Ruby at the same time doesn't even have the knowledge about piano notes. She does have an interest in music before but she never learns any of it yet her hands slowly move to touch the piano key- she's been wanting to touch it as soon as the piano is in her sight.

Ruby gently moves her hand along the key without pressing them. As she runs her hand, she feels satisfied. For some reason, it does leave nostalgia feelings in her mind. The girl's eyes never leave the piano in her sight- she can't take her eye off it. It feels the piano and her has some sort of history together.

The blonde-haired girl presses one of the keys. The sound of the piano echoes throughout the room. Then she continues to press another key. She smiles. The sound of it makes her happy. Ruby continues to press another one. Without realisation, her fingers press the piano key as it produces the same song that appeared in her dream.

Ruby keeps playing the piano as she is truly immersed in the song. She presses the key like flowing water- it's so smooth until it makes everyone in the palace drawn with the melody. Ruby does find it odd because she never learns how to play the piano, but she put it aside as she actually enjoys it.

The keys getting wet as she keeps pressing on it. When she realises it, it is her own very tears that keep flowing out.

Why is she crying?

She can't find the answer herself. She just wants to end the song that she plays at the moment. Ruby plays full of feelings as she ends the song gracefully yet the tears keep flowing. She can't find herself to stop her tears.

Weirdly, she doesn't feel upset or any sorrowful feelings instead she feels confused.

"I didn't know you can play the piano. It was beautiful" a guy said. Judging by his voice, Ruby knows it's the blonde-haired guy- probably he's searching for her for dinner. Alucard walks in her direction who still doesn't move from the piano bench. The girl's finger is still on the key yet she doesn't press it anymore. She just wants to feel the piano in her hands.

"It's dinner time. I went to your room but you're not there. I thought the Queen was the one who played the piano- it was full of feelings. It took me a while to realize that you're the one who actually play it. I am impressed with you" he said as he sits on the bench beside her. As he shifts his head to look at the girl, he frowns.

Without asking her why he places his arm around her as he hugs her.

"I don't know what you have been through but I am here to listen if you're ready to open up. You can always talk to me" he said with a warm voice and give her a gentle smile.

"Thank you" she said. Alucard releases the hug as he wipes her tears. Then he smiles.

"Don't cry, you look ugly" he said- teasing the girl. Ruby pouts as she punches his chest. Alucard tries his best to not groan in pain- that girl surely has great strengths in her.

"Geez, it was a joke. I told you, you're beautiful and I meant it" he said. Ruby looks away as she flushes.

"Now, the dinner is ready. They are waiting for us. Shall we go, my dearly Princess Ruby?" he said with a gentle voice as he offers his hand. Alucard and his act will never leave each other. Ruby smiles. This guy knows how to entertain her.

"Sure, lead me, my shining armour" she said as she places her hand on his. Alucard smiles as she plays along with him. They walk to the feasting hall.