Sixty Eight

"What are you doing at this hour Ruby? Shouldn't you be asleep already?" asked Silvanna as she settles herself beside the girl on the ground.

Silvanna decides to spend her time in the garden because she can't find herself to sleep at the night- she feels uneasy all of sudden. The thought of staring at the dark sky while surrounded by beautiful flowers maybe might actually help her.

"I should ask you the same, your highness. I can't fall asleep no matter how I try" said Ruby without looking at her, instead Ruby plays with the flower in her hand. Silvanna notices the uneasiness on her face.

"Me too. I came here to clear my mind" said Silvanna. The silence fills the air as they distract their mind with the nature. Both of them doesn't feel right at the moment. Silvanna on the other hand tries to find a way to cheer the girl up- she seems to be in deep trouble.

"Why don't you sleep with Aurelius instead? I am sure that will help" said Silvanna as she teased the love interest of her dear brother. Ruby freezes for a short moment before she shifts her head to look at the Queen- with a flushed face.

"I- your highness, why-?" the girl can't find the right word to say to the Queen- she doesn't expect she will get that kind of suggestion. All the miserable feelings in her heart vanished after she heard Silvanna's word. Ruby's heart beats faster.

Silvanna chuckles looking at her reaction- she does find it cute.

"What with that reaction? Isn't it normal? It's fine to share anything with me. I am still a human being" said Silvanna as she laughs. She finds Ruby's reaction is priceless.

"I-it's just... a little bit embarrassing to me. Besides, we're still not taking it to the other level yet" said Ruby as she shifts her gazes to the flowers beside her- she doesn't feel like she can face the Queen about it.

Silvanna's face soften as she heard that- she knows the girl is still not ready. Silvanna doesn't know what the girl has in mind that make her not take it to another step. She decides to not ask her about it, it's her own privacy and she respects it.

"Ruby, I know this is a little bit early. But I want you to know..."  said Silvanna before she continues. Ruby shifts her face back to the Queen with a questioned look.

"About what?" asked Ruby.

"I want you to know that you already have my consent. You don't have to think about it when you're finally ready. For me, you are already good enough for Aurelius" she said as she smiles at the girl. Ruby face's flushed with the compliment that she just got- she can't believe what she heard.

"T-thank you, your highness. Thank you for having faith in me. I still need confirmation for myself though" said Ruby as she continues to play with the flower in her hand.

"Anyway Ruby, can you promise me one thing?" asked Silvanna with a hint of seriousness in her voice. Ruby looks at her- wondering what kind of thing they're about to promise.

"Before that, I just want you to know that I am not sure if I will be able to fulfil or keep the promise. I am not sure that I'm capable enough for that," said Ruby truthfully. Ruby doesn't feel like she's reliable enough to make any promises with the Queen. Silvanna smiles at her as she pinches her cheeks.

"I decide to make a promise with you because I know you can do it. If there's anyone that can pull this off, it is only you" said Silvanna as she already put her trust in the girl.

"If that's the case, I am ready to hear it," said Ruby as she rubs her cheeks- well it's still a little bit hurt. Silvanna takes a deep breath before she speaks.

"Promise me that you will take care of Aurelius," she said. Ruby eyes widen as she heard that.

"Take care of Aurelius?" said Ruby as she repeated her words. The girl plastered her questioned look to the Queen- she doesn't get it why.

"Take care of Aurelius when I'm gone or when I leave this world," she said.

"Your highness, don't say it like that. We will protect you at all cost" said Ruby with concerns in her eyes. Silvanna smiles with her pure heart.

"If it's my fate, then I shall accept it. He is the only precious little brother that I have and always loves. I want you to take care of his well-being, monitor his routine and give him advice if he did anything wrong, just like I did to him" said Silvanna before she continues.

"Most important is, I want both of you to be happy. Seeing him with happiness put me in peace. You might see Aurelius as a strong and reliable man, for me, I see him as a child- a little child. Can you promise me that?" said Silvanna with with pure sincerity. Her heart softens when she thinks of her little brother. Her love for her little brother is beyond everything.

Ruby falls silent as she is in deep thought. It takes her for a while before she takes Silvanna's hand as she holds it. The girl looks straight into the Queen's eyes.

"It's a promise. I will make sure of that. You don't have to worry about it anymore since I will keep my word. I will take care of Aurelius and make him happy" said Ruby with determination in her eyes.

Silvanna smiles, relieved- she knows she can count on the girl about it. For her, Ruby is the only person that is perfectly fit to replace her position when she's not been able to take care of her brother anymore. She couldn't be grateful for Ruby existence.

"That's what I like about you. You perfectly suit Aurelius. I am sure both of you will be able to rule the Empire together if I ever meant to leave the world early" said Silvanna with full of sorrow.

Ruby looks at the Queen with concern as she put her arms around her- to hug Silvanna in order to give her a little comfort.

"Whatever it takes, I will fulfil the promise," said Ruby.

×××