Four

Ruby walks happily as she greets every villager that she walks past. The clear blue sky slowly turns into orangish colour, meaning it's going to be night soon. Ruby stops for a while and stare at the sky- enjoy the good nature.

"What a nice day"

She said to herself and continue to walk to her house. To her surprise, she sees two guys who are standing in front of her house- they look like they waiting for someone.

Ruby questioned herself, is there any schedule that she missed? She shakes her head. She's sure that there are none today.

She decides to slowly approach them to hear their conversation, they look like they have some serious chat between the two of them.

"Look, if she appears after the sunset, I win the bet. If she appears before the sunset, you win the bet" a guy with a blue outfit with a large sword said to a guy with a black outfit with a guitar case.

"I'm gonna win this you stupid ass" The guy with the black outfit said.

"No, I'll win bastard" the guy with the blue outfit said again. They stare at each other with a killing look. She can feel the tension builds between them.

Ruby sighs. What kind of conversation she just heard. She knows those guys- they actually helped her before. Those two guys are a demon hunter and a member of the lightborn squad. As she walks closer, she feels her face heated.

It's been a while since the last time she met them- Alucard and Granger. They look so charming. She admits she has a tiny little feeling towards them. She shakes her head and approaches them. She stands right behind their back- they actually keep staring at each other until now.

"You lose the bet Alucard. Granger wins this time" she said. The two of them turn around and look at her. Ruby smile towards them.

"Damn it! Why do you appear right now Ruby? Y-you are cruel" said Alucard as he drops his knee to the ground dramatically. He wipes the fake tears in her eyes.

Look, she doesn't do anything except walking back to her house and he called her cruel. What kind of logic is that?

"It's been a while Ruby" said Granger as he smiles at her. She is taken aback by his smiles yet she greets him back. Honestly, she can't remember whether Granger ever smiled at her before. He is always with his serious looks.

"Ah yes, it's nice to see you again my sweetest friend, Ruby" said Alucard as he places his arm around her shoulder. Ruby feels her cheeks heated and tinted with red colour.

The fact that Alucard addressed her as a friend make her feels joyful. She actually never considered them as a friend- does she? For her, they're just contact since they only meet once in the past. Since Alucard said that she's a friend to him, so it means Alucard and Granger are officially her friends, right? No word can describe how much she feels happy because she never has any friends before.

"It's nice to see you two once again. Tell me why are you guys here? Aren't you guys on a mission?" she asked them as the curiosity hits her. They have no reason to be here in the first place.

"Actually, can we have the permission to have a rest and sleep here? We are on our way to the palace since Granger and I are a little bit injured and tired right now" said Alucard.

Ruby keeps her silence for a while. To the palace they say? It only takes around an hour by horse. She looks at the two of them while raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you see, Alucard is being irresponsible here. We need to be in the palace as soon as possible but the Queen accept every excuse that we give when we arrive late. It happens most of the time" said Granger to the hooded girl as he shrugs.

"Hey, I mean- you're right that I'm a bit irresponsible but please you're guilty too. To be honest, I am actually sick with the mission. I wanna take a break for a while and at least we could spend some time here" said Alucard truthfully.

"Sure, whatever" Granger said before Alucard even finished talking.

"Are you even listening what am I saying?!" Alucard said, frustrated with his friend. Both of them are starting to fight again.

"Now now, let's enter my house okay. If you ever fighting again I will slice the two of you with my scythe" said Ruby as she walks and opens the door.

"Make yourself at home" she said. The two demon hunter settles themselves on the sofa and leans on it. Indeed, they looked tired and she can see that they are actually sick with their mission- as she judge it by their look.

"I want to take a nice bath for a while and please make yourself at home. Use the kitchen whenever you want, there's a lot of food there. Oh, the medkit is on that table, you can use it to treat your wound, if you have any" she said before she enters her room to get some stuff and clothes.

Her house is not that big. It only has 2 bedrooms, which is a master bedroom and her room. She refused to use the master bedroom because it makes her remind of the person she love the most- which is her grandparents. There is only one bathroom.

Even though it's small, but it keeps a lot of sweet and bitter memories to her- the moment they lived happily before, then it ends with a remorseful bitter end.

She enters her room and takes her new clothes. She put her scythe beside her bed and get ready to take a bath. She walks to the bathroom and dips herself into the warm bath. She closes her eyes and enjoys the moment. With the great smell that comes from the salt bath that she got from Pharsa- a witch around her village as a gift, it's very relaxing and she enjoys it so much.

Her head suddenly reminds her of the two demon hunters who are currently in her house. She stares at the blank wall and slowly smiles. She still remembers their first meeting with each other.

×××