Forty Five

Dyrroth's eyes flick open. His head hurts as soon as he wakes up. He looks around and he finds himself in an unknown room. He feels the soft mattress on his back rather than the hard greeny earth that he is sure where he originally was. He does remember that he was collapsed in the forest after the war between the Moniyan and the Abyss.

But why he is here in the first place? That's the only question that lingering in his head. He looks at the window, it's daytime.

He shifts his gaze as he studies the room. Nothing special about the room, it is just a normal human house. Then his eyes widen in realisation. A human take him in? If he ever is found by those creatures, he probably will be killed instantly.

He wonders who's stupid enough to take him in the place. He currently feels the hunger in him, he feels like devour anyone that he sees today- even though he doesn't like to devour humans at all.

Dyrroth stands up from the bed as he walks outside the room. He can't see a single soul in the house. Then his eyes shifts to a room with the door closed. Without giving much attention to someone's privacy, he pushes the door open- to see if someone is actually there with him in the house.

As soon as he steps into the room, his eyes darted to a girl on the bed- still sleeping. Judging by the colour of her hair and body size. He knows who she is. The fact that there's a giant scythe lean on the wall help him confirms the girl identity.

He slowly approaches the girl as he squats down- to be the same level as her. He studies her face for a while- admiring the beauty. So, she's the one who takes him in.

Dyrroth looks at her long lashes then her well-shaped nose, down to her pinkish lips. He's sure she's the one who appears in his dream earlier. He still hasn't figured out what is actually happening around him.

The more he stares at her face, the more he can't take his eyes off her. Without his realisation, his fingers move on their own as he pokes her soft mochi-like cheeks. Once he starts it, it's hard for him to pull his hand away. It's so addicting.

Ruby who was initially in a good sleep feels her cheeks getting poke with something. She decides to ignore it but her cheeks getting hurt as time passes. She can't handle it as she slowly opens her eyes.

As soon as her eyes open, she shrieks when she sees the demon Prince is right in front of her. She quickly retreats back as she sits on her bed with the blanket on her. She doesn't expect to see him like this close to each other. Her face getting red at the thought of it.

"W-what are you doing?!" she said as she looks at him with eyes widened.

"Why are you so shocked? You're the one who took me in, correct?" he said as he crosses his arm. He looks at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Y-yes! You were too close. Keep your distance, demon!" she said as clutches her blanket even tighter. She's a little bit afraid of him. She never knows what he has in mind. And the fact that her scythe is out of her reach doesn't help her that much- she's useless without her scythe.

The tip of his lips raise as he heard her reasoning.

"Too close, huh?" he said as he slowly approaches her who still sitting on the bed. Ruby keep her distance as the demon Prince getting closer to her. She's doom as she feels she hits the headboard on her back.

Ruby looks at his eyes as he's getting closer. She doesn't even know what to do at the spot. Dyrroth licks his lips as he crawls in her direction on the bed. Ruby freezes at the spot and she can't even speak.

As their face is only inches away, Dyrroth smirks. Ruby can see his canine as looks at his face. Her face getting heated as the gap between them getting closer.

"Say something, Ruby" he whispers. Ruby clutches her blanker tighter as she can feel herself shivers when she listens to his voice. Dyrroth closes the gap as he licks her cheek and bites it.

Ruby gasps before she shrieks once again. Her face is total red due to his action. Without thinking much, she pushes him away hard and places her hands on her cheeks. It does give her pain.

"Why would you do that?! It hurts!" she said as her eyes teary due to the pain. Dyrroth chuckles as he looks at her who almost cry- he does find her cute.

For some reason, both of them feels like they actually have been through a similar moment together despite the fact that they just actually meet each other.

"I'm starving," he said playfully- as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"Then do you think biting my cheek will solve it?! Find the food for yourself!" she said as she still rubbing her cheeks.

"Your cheek is too tempting. I can't help myself. It feels like an appetizer for me. So, don't blame me if I bite your cheek next time" he said without feeling any guilt. Ruby narrows her eyes to the demon. He's quite stubborn.

"Then I will put poison on my cheeks to prevent you from biting it again" she said. This kind of thing can't go on. She can't let him bite her cheek again. Dyrroth smirks as he puts his finger under her chin. Their eyes meet once again.

"I will bite another part of your body, then" he said mischievously. Ruby's face can't get any redder when he said that. She pushes him once again.

"You're not just stubborn but pervert demon as well! Ugh, go back to the Abyss and don't meet me again. And I don't expect a little thanks from you. Please vanish from me quickly!" she said as she get off from the bed. Dyrroth chuckles.

"Too bad, I'm not planning to leave just yet. It's fun to tease you. Well, I'm off to find food. See you later" he said before he jumps off from the window. Ruby look at him who just leave through the window.

She can't believe the damned demon just did that. Ruby moves her hand to her cheeks. The familiarity is there, she can feel it. For some reason, it does feel right in her heart- she doesn't regret her action to take him in.

×××