Fifty Five

Ruby shifts to another side. She can't sleep. She doesn't feel comfortable in her room. With her aching head and stuffy nose, she can't find herself to sleep today. She is still cold even though she's under several layers of thick blankets. She desperately needs sleep or she is not able to go to the forest tomorrow.

She closes her eyes as she tries to sleep once again. She tries to clear her mind and steady her breathing. After some moments, she opens her eyes- she fails to sleep. She sighs- her room feels uncomfortable today.

She clutches her blanket tights as she slowly stands up. She places her hand at the wall- to prevent herself from falling. Her mind currently feels hazy- she doesn't think she can walk straight.

With her aching mind, she walks outside her room with her palm against the wall. She walks to her grandparent's room, hoping the demon Prince is there. As she stands in front of the door, she's having a doubt.

Is it okay to enter? Why she's even here in the first place? Is she being weird right now?

Despite a lot of questions in her mind, she slowly pushes the door as she lurks from the open gaps of the door. Dyrroth is there, lying on the bed with his eyes closed. He's already asleep. Without thinking much, Ruby enters the room and closes the door back.

She walks to the bed where he sleeps. She looks at the demon Prince's face for a moment- she finds Dyrroth looks peaceful. Should she?

Ruby settles herself beside him, on the bed as she rests her head on his arm. She snuggles closer to him and closes her eyes. She can feel his body warmth as she tries to sleep. She feels comfortable at the moment.

She doesn't know what's wrong with her during the night. But who cares. She just wants to be comfortable for the night.

Ruby tries to sleep once again. With her on his arm, she finally falls into a deep slumber. As she sleeps, Dyrroth shifts his body in her direction as he pulls her head closer to his chest. He embraces her as he continues to sleep.

Both of them feel comfortable during the night as they sleep side by side with her in his embrace.

"Can I sleep with you?" asked Ruby. There's nothing concerning for her about the night. Everything is normal, no thunder, no lightning, no rains. She just wants to sleep with the Prince tonight. The girl stands in front of the door as she looks at Aurelius.

"Suddenly?" he asked as an eyebrow raises. Sometimes, she did request to sleep with him before and he allows her- he does enjoy her presence after all. She looks at him with an adorable look.

"Can't I? If not then it's okay" she said as she shifts her body back- to walk back to the room. Aurelius quickly grabs her arm.

"I didn't say no. Come in," he said as he pulls him into the room. He closes the door, then he looks at her straight into the eyes.

"But next time, don't make that kind of face. Besides, you know it's inappropriate when a woman comes to a man room, no? It feels like you're asking for something else" he said as he smiles mischievously. Ruby face heated as he implied it like that.

"But-"

Aurelius puts his hand at the bottom of her chin as he raises her face.

"I meant it. Make sure you don't do it to other guys. Only me. You can't trust another random guy out there" he said. Ruby looks away as she nods.

"That's my girl," Aurelius said as he ruffles her hair. Both of them settles on the bed- get ready to sleep. Aurelis looks at the girl with an eyebrow raise. The girl literally lies down at the edge of the bed, as if she's still having a doubt with his word earlier.

"What are you doing there at the edge? Come here" he said as he pats the place beside him. Ruby avoids his eye contact as she shifts only a little space from where she was. Aurelius chuckles as he witnesses her behaviour.

"Are you kidding me? It's not the first time we sleep together. Lie down here. You like cuddles right?" he said. Ruby still doesn't move, instead, she shifts her body to her side- showing her back to him.

Aurelius grabs her shoulder as he gently shifts her body. He pulls her closer. Their eyes meet.

"You don't trust me Ruby?" he asked as he wraps his leg on her- making their body touch. Ruby face heated. She can't say a word at the moment as she doesn't break their eye contact. She does trust him but she's having a doubt for a moment. Aurelius can be unpredictable sometimes.

"Don't worry I'm not going to touch you without your permission" he said as he smiles gently at her. Ruby sighs in relief- that's Aurelius that she knows. He's a true gentleman for her.

Slowly, Aurelius gentle smiles change into a smirk.

"But I'm going to kiss you without having your permission at all," he said before he leans forward, to kiss the girl. He places his hand on the back of her head as he pulls her closer.

Ruby freezes at the spot due to his sudden action. As she can process what just happens, she slowly responds to his kiss. It was gentle at first but slowly, it's getting rough. Ruby places her hand on his jaw as their kiss deepened.

With her body close to him, her hot breath and the sensual kiss, he feels aroused. But he's a man with his own word. He breaks the kiss as they catch their breath- he is afraid that he might lose himself. He smiles at the girl- satisfied.

"Now, let's sleep," he said as he embraces the girl. Eventually, both of them sleep soundly that night.

×××