Twenty

Ruby folds the letter that she got directly from the Queen as she places it back on the table. Ruby switch off the light as she lies on her bed- get ready to sleep.

Queen Silvanna invited her to the palace- they will fetch her this weekend at noon. The Queen also said that she can refuse her invitation.

As for Ruby, she can't refuse the invitation just like that. It's the Queen herself that invite her, it's an honour to receive the invitation. No one is as lucky as her right now.

At the same time, she actually wants to visit the palace at least once in her lifetime. She wants to see how it looks like. She wishes to wander around the palace and feels the luxury that she can never experience here, in the village.

And the fact that both Alucard and Granger stay there makes her feels excited. She wants to see how they train and how they handle the Moniyan warriors. She used to look at their goofy side- she wants to witness their cool side too.

Since she doesn't expect any wolves attack this month, guess she will accept the invitation. Even if the wolves attack the village when she's away, the Queen said that they will provide some warriors to take care of the village.

So, she doesn't have any excuses to refuse the invitation. It seems like the Queen really wants to meet her- well it's about the prince of the Abyss after all.

Think about it make her recalls their encounter in the forest. The encounter with the demon prince was a moment that she can't easily forget.

She was originally scared of him. His dark aura as well as his Abyssal magical power is strong. His threatening dark looks on his eyes feels like he can destroy her in an instant. He's truly the demon prince of The Abyss. She's not going to let her guard down when she meets him in the future.

The demon prince not only left a frightening impression on her, but he also shows his charm to her. She can still feel his touches on her cheeks and the fact that he brushed his lips on her ears make the girl blush.

The demon prince's mischievous make her reminds of someone that she can't remember of. It feels like there's someone in her life that perfectly suits his role. It's frustrating her as she can't even think of someone.

Dyrroth, that's his name. It's the first time she met him yet there's something about him that makes her feels like they actually know each other for a long time.

Another thing that crossed her mind is that the rare butterfly that keeps appearing in front of her. The appearance of the butterfly is quite odd. At the same time, there's this weird thing that has flashed through her mind lately.

It's a memory of something that she can't think about. She knows it was memories from the past yet she can't recall it when she tries to. She can sense something is off lately. There are things that bother her but she doesn't know what is it exactly.

She hates to think about it as it only gives her headaches. It's been a long day for her. She needs a rest. She shifts her body as she closes her eyes. Slowly, the woman drifts off into a deep sleep.

At the other side of the Abyss, Selena walks to a room- to meet the ruler of The Abyss. She plays with the tips of her hair as she enters the room. Alice who sits on her throne looks at the woman. Selena bows with respect to the ruler of the Abyss.

"Is something wrong?" asked Alice.

"It seems like your son is attracted to someone" said Selena. Alice looks at her with a questioned look. She can't believe what Selena said- but there's no reason for her to tell a lie.

"Are you sure?" asked Alice.

"Yes, he attracted to that disgusting species that he met at the Moniyan territory" said Selena.

"Who?" asked Alice as she is curious about it.

"Ruby the one that possessed that so-called special scythe, he keeps mutters her name when he slept at the Abyss Forest before" said Selena- displeased. Alice sits uncomfortably on her throne as she hears that.

For Dyrroth to sleep is such a rare thing that she hears and the fact that he even got a dream doesn't make it any better.

'This is bad. How come he slowly act like a human again? Impossible' Alice thoughts to herself. There's something about his past that she keeps for herself.

"Isn't that good? We could use her to take down Moniyan Empire. We can make her as our spy" said Alice. Selena falls into a quick silence. Selena looks at her unbelievably.

"B-but he is mine, you promised that to me" she said. Alice smiles meaningfully.

"Of course my dear Selena. We will use Ruby to take down the Moniyan Empire and we will kill her afterwards. I, Myself don't want my beloved people to associate with humans either. They should be gone" said the blood demon Queen with hatred.

Selena smiles as she walks to Alice and hugs her.

"This is such a great thing to hear. But what if Dyrroth truly falls in love with her and protects her instead" said Selena, she can still remember the glares that he gave her earlier.

"I will talk to him later about this. You don't need to worry" said Alice. The blood demon Queen really needs to talk to Dyrroth as soon as possible.

At the same time, Alice needs to hunt the witch and her owl that she had made a deal with a long time ago- she did it by force, of course. She still hasn't managed to find the witch after they made the deal- it seems like the witch purposely hide herself this time.

First, she needs to talk to Dyrroth- to ask him whether what he witnessed at the Moniyan territory is familiar to him. If he did, then it's indeed a big problem for her.

×××