Fifty Eight

Ruby just finished feeding the demon prince. He finishes everything that she prepared for him. For some reason, she feels happy about it. He is still there, sitting on the chair as he waits for her to do the dishes.

As Ruby finishes, she turns her body to look at the demon prince. She already told him to go to the room.

"Why do you still there? You should sleep. You need a rest" she said as she stares at the sick demon prince. At least he looks a little bit better after he eats.

"I want to sleep with my Ruby," he said. He's indeed being a little bit clingy- no, he's being too clingy to the girl.

"What are you, five?" she said as her eyes narrows. The demon pouts. The girl shifts her eyes to another place. The looks on his face make her heart melts- she somehow finds him adorable. He's acting like a literal child at the moment.

"But my Ruby sneaked into my bed last night, no? At least I'm telling you first" he said as he spat the fact to her. There's a little hint of dissatisfaction in his tone. Ruby face redden when he said that. She can't debate about it anymore.

"I.. I-" she stuttered as she doesn't know what to say to defend herself. Dyrroth smiles- like a child just get a lollipop.

"Yeay, my Ruby will sleep with me! I am happy" said Dyrroth as he said with joy. He stands as he walks in her direction with a cute look on his face. He hugs her from behind. Ruby sighs as she feels the exhaustion. She only made dinner for him yet she feels like she has been taking care of him for a week.

She doesn't expect dealing with a child-like demon will be this hard. Without fighting with him any longer, Ruby walks to her grandparent's room as they both settle on the bed. They lie down side by side.

"Ruby," said Dyrroth as he looks at her.

"What?" she said. She wonders what else he wants her to do today. Taking care of him with this kind of behaviour is such a pain in the ass.

"Hug me," he said with a child-like tone. Ruby doesn't have any reason to refuse his request. She hesitates at first but she slowly moves her hand as she wrapped it around his shoulder. She pulls him closer.

"Thank you," he said as he leans more to her chest and he closes his eyes. The demon prince feels comfortable in the position. Ruby face redden. She wants to smack his head at the moment but she notices he doesn't do anything funny today. Besides, he is sick. She still can feel his heat as she wraps her hand around him.

"Ruby?" he said again.

"Yes?" she said.

"Can you pat my back?" he said. Ruby confuses herself whether is she taking care of a grown-up demon prince or a toddler. He obviously wants the girl to pamper him. Ruby feels like she might fall sick for the second time.

Ruby make his request come true as she starts to pat his heated back. He is really having a heavy cold right now- that's the reason he's behaving like a child, she thought.

"Ruby?" he calls her again. She almost loses her temper. What he wants this time?!

"What-"

"I love you. Have a good night" he said as he cuts her word before he lets himself fall into a deep sleep. Ruby face reddened with the sudden confession. She thought he's going to make another childish request, but she's wrong.

Ruby looks at the demon prince who has already fallen asleep. She smiles as she pulls him closer. There's no way she can hate this demon.

'Well, taking care of child-like Dyrroth is not as bad as I thought' she thought as she smiles. Ruby closes her eyes and she slowly falls asleep beside him. Indeed, it's another comfortable cold night.

"Aurelius no, you can't have an ice cream tonight. It will make you worse. Just close your eyes and sleep" said Ruby. After she feeds him, he suddenly requests to buy him an ice cream. There's no ice cream in the middle of the night. Besides, he catches a cold this morning.

"But I want it. Please Ruby" he said with teary eyes. Then he sneezes. Ruby sighs. Aurelius acting like a child make her head hurt. This is so difficult for her to take control of.

"Aurelius, you can't. You're sick. Just sleep okay? I need to wash the dishes. Then I will sleep with you" she said.

"But Aurelius wants ice cream!" he said as he pouts. Ruby can't find herself to be mad at the grown-up prince. He's too cute. He almost cries as he doesn't get the ice cream.

"No no, don't cry. Tomorrow we will buy ice cream okay? I promise. Now you need to sleep. If you sleep early then sooner we will buy ice cream" she said as she hugs the guy.

"Promise?" he asked. Ruby nods and she smiles.

"It's a promise. Now sleep, let me do the dishes" she said. Before she can even move from her place, Aurelius grabs her arm.

"Can you pat me first? I am sleepy" he said as he looks at her with pleading eyes. Ruby sighs as she sits back on the chair.

"Okay," she said as she pats his back. Aurelius smiles as he closes his eyes. She pats him for quite a moment. After she feels the guy has already fallen asleep, she pulls her hand from him. She quietly stands up as she brings the tray with a bowl and a glass of water.

As she is at the door frame she hears the Prince speaks.

"Thank you, Ruby. I love you" he said with eyes closed. Ruby continues her step to the kitchen with a fluttering heart and a smile plastered on her face. The girl starts doing the dishes as the smiles on her face still doesn't fade.

'Well, taking care of child-like Aurelius is not as bad as I thought' she thought to herself as she did the dishes with smiles on her face.

×××