Seventeen

Dyrroth stares at her face for a moment. She does have appealing beauty in her. Without his realisation, his hand unconsciously move on its own as he pokes her cheeks.

"It's... soft?" he said as he keeps poking her cheeks. For some reason, he feels familiar with this. He can't resist the softness of her cheeks as he keeps doing that.

"A-Aurelius... stop" she mumbles slowly. Dyrroth's hand stop moving. He feels like his head was hit with something solid. He's unsure what is it. Aurelius- that name. Why he feels like he heard it a lot before.

He repeats that name over and over on his head- hoping some memories of his pasts appear. He is so sure he heard that name before. He stares at the girl's face as he's in deep thought. He wonders why everything in this place gives him a familiar vibe for every single second pass.

"I'm Prince Aurelius. Nice to meet you, Ruby"

"It's an honour to meet you, Prince Aurelius"

Dyrroth puts his hand on his head. Something just flashed through his mind. His head hurts thinking of that. He's not sure what was that. This confusion in his mind drives him crazy.

"Ruby" he mutters under his breath.

Ruby who hears someone called for her slowly opens her eyes. The nap that she had does help her restore her energy. As soon as she opens her eyes, a figure of a man that she never meets before is right in front of her. Judging by his appearance, she knows he's a demon.

With her fighting reflex, she grabs the scythe beside her and put the tips right near his neck.

"W-who are you?!" she said firmly. She studies his figure. Purple skin, silver hair, red eyes, tough body. She admits he does has an attractive face for a demon- which is a thing that she never expects. She never meets him before. She stares at his red eyes.

Dyrroth looks at her as he smirks. What a feisty girl he met. He likes it.

"Who am I?" he said as he looks at her intimidatingly. The demon prince chuckles. Ruby looks at him with daring eyes. The dark aura that surrounds him does scare her. She can feel the magic that he possessed is great. Ruby knows she can't stand a chance against him. Still, she tries her best to looks fearless in front of him.

"How can you be so ignorant not knowing who am I, my dear?" he said as he puts his hand on her cheek. His touch on her cheeks sends a shiver to her spines. His cold eyes look straight into her eyes.

Ruby tries her best to not break eye contact. She feels helpless at the moment- she feels weak. The demon in front of her can kill her in an instant.

"D-don't touch me you a disgusting demon or I cut your neck off!" she said with a trembling voice. An evil grin plasters on the demon prince face. What a sharp tongue girl. His face slowly draws to her ears.

"Disgusting? Talk to me with respect, my dear. You have no idea who you're talking to" he said slowly. Her breath hitches as he whispered right to her ears.

"Then who are you?" she asked- trying her best to look brave in front of him. Dyrroth purposely brushes his lips on her ears before he draws back. Ruby trembles when he did that.

Dyrroth stands up as he looks at the girl.

"The name Dyrroth, prince of The Abyss. Such a pleasure to meet you, Ruby" he said with confidence and full of power. Ruby's eyes widen. She can't believe the prince of The Abyss himself is right in front of her. She's dumbstruck with terror. It took her a while before she collects herself to speak again.

"How exactly do you know my name? What do you want from me" she asked. She's curious to know exactly what's happening and his sudden existence in the forest.

"None of that is important. Just let the Queen knows to get ready. A war between The Abyss and Moniyan Empire will happen so soon, even earlier than she expected" he said before he opens a portal for him to go back to The Abyss. He gets ready to enter the portal.

"Dyrroth, w-wait!" the girl said. Dyrroth pauses his step as he looks at her behind his shoulder.

"What," he said with a cold eye. Ruby hearts skip a beat as she looks at his threatening eyes.

"W-why are you telling me this?" she asked as her voice still tremble. This question has been in her mind for quite a moment. She needs to know his true intention for meeting her. She believes there's a reason for him to meet her.

It takes him a while before he answers her questions.

"Why? I don't know. Till we meet again" he said honestly before he enters the portal that then vanishes into thin air- leaving the girl alone. Ruby stays at the spot for a moment. She needs to process what just happened and what she just witnessed.

This is a lot for her to take in. Everything happens so fast. She takes several deep breaths before she stands up. She needs to send a letter to the Queen regarding this. Such unfortunate that both Granger and Alucard leaves early on the day today.

Ruby put her hands on her cheek that he touched, then she moves her hand to her ears.  Thinking about that sends her a shiver.

"Stop pinching my cheeks! Its hurts you know?"

"I don't think I can stop myself. It's too soft"

Ruby gasps. Another weird thing just flashed through her mind. She's not sure what is it. This kind of thing keeps bothering her- especially when she is in the forest. She needs to leave the forest quickly. She can't take it anymore.

Ruby fasten her paces with scythe steadily in her hands. She needs to head home and writes a letter for the Queen quickly. She needs to take care of this first before she let weird thought enter her mind.

×××