Thirty Five

Ruby tighten the grip of her scythe. She needs to act fast since there's limited time. She doesn't know if it will work but it's worth a try. First, she needs to go past the witch. Ruby looks at Selena to find a possible route for her to escape from her watch. Selena really doesn't seem want to harm her- Ruby will use this opportunity to try to escape.

Ruby leaps forward to Selena- attacking her. Selena swiftly dodges it as she fires several abyssal magic to prevent her from moving. Ruby absorbs every one of her attacks as she continues to attack her. Selena grunts.

"Hey, what are you doing! Stay there and wait until we win! Is it that hard for you?!" she said as she keeps dodging Ruby's attack. Ruby, on the other hand, decides to keep pushing the witch until she manages to escape. Ruby doesn't have much time left- the Moniyan warriors start to fall apart.

Ruby swings her scythe as she manages to slit a little of the Abyssal witch cheeks, making it bleed. Selena looks at her with rage.

"My beautiful face... You ruined it!" she said before she transforms into her demonic form.

"I don't care who are you anymore! You and your damned scythe should be destroyed! Now die!" said Selena with her deep demonic voice. Selena stands there with her new form as the dark abyssal magic surrounds her.

Selena lunges to her with great speed- Ruby is taken aback by her demonic form. With Ruby's fast reflexes, she quickly blocks the attack- she barely made it in time. Ruby leaps backwards to maintain the gap between them. Selena's sudden changes make it harder for Ruby to escape.

Ruby need someone to back her up for her to escape the witch. She can't call for Alucard this time- he's still fighting with the demon Prince. The figure of someone flying around the battlefield while attacking the demon caught her attention. Fortunately, she notices Fanny around the area.

"Fanny, can you take care of this witch for me? I have something to do!" said Ruby with a loud voice- hoping the assassin of the lightborn squad notices her. Fanny flies in her direction as she lands beside the red hood girl.

"Sure, what's your plan?" asked Fanny as she holds both of her swords tight, ready to fight the abyssal witch.

"It's something to do with my scythe, I have to go to Harith to make it to work. Can you hold this witch for me? I need to escape from her" asked Ruby. Fanny looks at her, she's curious what the girl wanted to do.

"Alright. Whatever you want to do, I trust your judgement" said Fanny as she put her trust in Ruby. Besides, she did witness Ruby's fighting skills and her ability, she knows Ruby won't do anything stupid.

"Thank you!" said Ruby.

Fanny charges forward to the abyssal witch as she tries to make ways for Ruby to escape at the same time.

"You are not getting away!" said Selena as she puts her focus on the red hood girl. Unfortunately, Fanny is in her way- protecting Ruby as she tries to fire her with abyssal magic. Ruby opens her eyes wide as she looks for an open route.

As Selena slowly getting distracted by Fanny, Ruby dashes past Selena and darts to where Harith and the mages fight. Ruby swiftly swings her scythe around to clear her pathway from both abyssal and the undead attack. Ruby is struggling with the demon and the undead that keep attacking her yet she is still able to keep up with it.

As Ruby finally notices the leonin, Harith in her sight, she leaps in his direction as they stand back to back with each other. Ruby catches her breath for a moment before she speaks.

"Harith, I need you to help me," said Ruby as she casts a shockwave from her scythe to attack the demons and the undead.

"With what?" asked Harith as he keeps casting holy light magic to kill their enemies.

"I am aware that we don't stand a chance in this battle due to the sudden alliance between the undead and the demons. That's why I want you and your mages to help me" said Ruby as she pauses a moment before she continues.

"As you know my scythe can absorb the magic naturally but there's a limit range for it. I want you and your mages to channel the undead necromancy and abyssal magic to my scythe, in order to help me absorb their magic without range limit" said Ruby as her hands doesn't stop swinging to kills the demons.

"That is risky. We could even harm you" said Granger who suddenly appears near them. Granger keeps pulling the trigger to shot the enemies without missing any of his bullets. Slowly, the three of them getting circled by the undead and demons around them.

"But, we don't have much choice, don't we? If we don't try it we will probably lose" said Ruby as she tries to convince them. She doesn't know the result either, but it will probably worth a try.

"My mages can try to channel their magic to your scythe. But it's true with what Granger said. We could harm you, the user. You still don't know the limit of the scythe, right? Besides, this is your second time" said Harith. The tree of them keeps fighting the undead and the demons as their numbers keep increasing in their direction.

"Excessive usage of the scythe can harm you or even kill you. That's some of the knowledge that I have about your scythe. That's why I am opposed to your idea to absorb their magic power" said Granger as he shoots straight to the demon's head using only a bullet.

As every second passes, more and more Moniyan warriors die from the undead and demons attack. On the other hand, Silvanna is struggling as she fights with the blood demon Queen. Alice releases a wicked laugh as they fight.

"Concede defeat, Silvanna. I'm winning this battle" said Alice as she attacks her with dark magic. Silvanna blocks the attack as she leaps backwards.

"Don't be so sure. The Lord of Light will always stand with us. And I, Silvanna will defend the Moniyan Empire till the death" she said as the Queen charges forward to attack the blood demon Queen.

"So you've chosen... death!" said Alice as she charges forward to her direction. Both of their magic power collide, making every warrior, demon and undead flies back.

The battle between the Moniyan and the Abyss still go on as the Moniyan refuse to concede, despite knowing their troops are getting lower in number and the efficiency of the holy light magic decreases.

×××