Twenty Two

It's a routine now for the demon Prince to go to the Abyss forest every day. He is fond of it. It feels like he's not complete if he's not going there.

Even though he's getting busy with his tasks and orders as the war between them and the Moniyan Empire getting close, he still finds his time even the slightest to go to the forest. The demon Prince is unsure of his sudden fondness for the forest but he is pleased as soon as he set his feet in the forest.

It's a common thing for him now to see the rare butterfly that keeps flying around him. At the same time, it's a common thing for him to take a nap at the Abyss forest although the ambience of the Abyss forest is not as pleasant as the forest back in the Moniyan territory.

Dyrroth actually wants to visit that forest every day- but he can't just go into the Moniyan territory just like that. Since he warned the girl about the war, he's sure they will put more guards around the forest.

He plans to take down the Moniyan Empire and take their land. That way, he can visit the forest every day. He will make sure they will win the battle.

Dyrroth settles himself against a tree as he closes his eyes- to take a nap.

"How dare you hurt my sister! Die Abyssal demon!" said Aurelius as he charges to the blood demon Queen with magical power in his hands. Alice blocks his attack. Silvanna kneels down as she is severely wounded with the demon Queen attack. She grips her weapon tight- Lance of Light to support her body from collapse to the ground.

"How sweet, little brother protects his sister. You think you can win?" she said as she fires several Abyssal magic to the guy. He gracefully blocks every attack that he received. Once again he tries to attack the blood demon Queen. The battle between the two is getting intense.

He manages to give her several blows that success to hit her. Alice hisses in rage. She admits the Moniyan Prince got some unique fighting skills in him.

At the same time, Selena- the Abyssal witch observes their fight to find an opportunity to stun the Moniyan Prince. She waits for the most perfect time to stun Aurelius. As she finds an opening, she fires her Abyssal arrows at the guy.

Aurelius, who was busy fighting with the demon Queen didn't notice the Abyssal arrows from behind. Selena grins as she expecting her arrows will hit him.

"Aurelius!" said a girl with an eye patch as she leaps to his back and blocks the Abyssal arrows by using the scythe that she possessed. Selena cursed as she walks from her place as she stands facing Ruby.

"Thanks, Ruby" he said as he smiles. Ruby smiles back. The two of them focus back on the battle.

"You ruined it! Weakling short girl!" shouted Selena in rage. Ruby falls silent as she stares at the Abyssal witch with displeasure. Aurelius did hear what Selena said, for some reason he can feel Ruby's wrath building up.

"I may be short but don't underestimate me, you disgusting demon" Ruby said with a dark look. Ruby grips her scythe even tighter. She can feel the magic that her scythe naturally possessed runs through her body. She feels powerful.

The Abyssal witch has taken aback by her sudden change. She can see her scythe surrounds with dark air. Selena tries to hide her fear as she talks back to her.

"I am NOT disgusting!" said Selena as she summons Abyssal demons to attack Ruby. Ruby carefully blocks the attacks as she charges to Selena and gives her several blows from her scythe.

Aurelius on the other hand focus on his battle with the blood demon Queen. The battle between them is getting intense as no one is giving up just yet.

As the Moniyan side slowly getting the upper hand in the battle, the Abyssal demon retreat.

"I'll be back for you, Aurelius" said Alice as she retreats back.

"You are not going away!" said Aurelius as he follows the demon Queen from behind. The Moniyan almost win, they can't let this opportunity slips. Before he can even catch her, the demon Queen disappears as she enters the portal.

Dyrroth sighs in frustration. He slowly opens his eyes as he looks around. He realises he is not in the middle of a battlefield, he is still in the forest. It was just a dream. For some reason, he feels the same about the dream that he got- he feels frustrated for not catching the Demon Queen.

His eyes widen in realisation.

He was fighting his own mother and the Abyssal demons. He protects the Moniyan Queen and fights alongside the girl, Ruby. Once again, the name Aurelius appears in his mind. Dyrroth doesn't even know who is Aurelius. The thought of this makes his head hurts.

"I didn't know you went here just to take a nap. You seem like you're having a nightmare" the demon Queen said as she walks towards the demon Prince.

"Having a nap is weirdly comfortable, maybe you should try too" he said. His eyes still can't believe that she is the one who he fights in his dream.

"You're staring for quite a long time. What's the matter my dear?" she asked. Dyrroth keeps his silence for a while. Should he talk about it to her? He's thinking whether to speak it out or not.

The fact that Alice has been living for a long time make him convince himself to talk about it. Maybe she knows something.

"Mother, who is Aurelius? I just dreamt about it. He fights against you alongside Silvanna and Ruby. For some reason, it feels weirdly familiar" he said with a serious tone.

Alice's eyes widen. The demon Queen tries her best to hide it as she looks at him with a questioned face.

"Maybe I heard of him a long time ago. I don't remember much. If the memories come back to me I will tell you. Now, why don't we have a spar? It's been a while" she said as she smiles challengingly at him. She just wants to distract his mind from Aurelius and other things. What she needs to do is to find the Pharsa quickly and kill her.

"Sure, my Queen" he said as he smirks.

×××