Forty Seven

The demon Prince smells something nice from the girl's kitchen. As he got nothing to do at the moment, he walks in the direction. It seems like she just finished making herself dinner. Ruby prepares her meal then she settles herself at the dining table. Ruby who notices Dyrroth is there narrows her eyes as she looks at him.

"Don't tell me you're interested to test my meal too?" she asked. She doesn't know whether to allow him or not. The demon Prince just finished her entire cookie in an instant- she's afraid that he will finish her dinner and she doesn't get to eat.

"Maybe?" The demon Prince shrugs as he walks to the table. He notices two tiny notes that attract his attention. He takes both of them as he sits in front of her at the dining table. The demon starts to read the first letter with a lot of pen ink on it.

As he's done, he flips it and read at the other side. Then he flips back at the front.

Ruby on the other hand doesn't even care what he's doing at the moment as she starts to eat. For some reason it does feels better if someone is there- accompany her to eat. The fact that his presence makes her feels great does help a lot. She can feel a connection between them, the connection surprisingly feels strong.

Yet she still doesn't know much about it.

"Hey, do you even figure what this note trying to say?" asked Dyrroth as he shows the notes to her. Ruby almost choke as she just notices he read her note.

"Actually, no. But hey, who permit you to read it? Put it back to the place. It's my privacy!" she said with a red face. It's embarrassing knowing another person read the note with nonsense content in it. Dyrroth ignores her as he explained it to her.

"It's a confession note. Read the first letter of the first side" he said with a bored tone as he gives her the note. Ruby eyes widen as she takes the note from his hand. She gasps when she notices it. It's indeed a confession note.

Alucard literally just write 'I love you' by using the first letter of each sentence. Ruby's face reddens when she learns about it. The note is precious to her and she can't find herself to throw it away. Dyrroth snatches the note back from her hand as he cast fire on his hand which make the note burn and vanishes into a thin air.

Ruby eyes widen with his action. She glares at him- unsatisfied.

"Why would you do that? First, you read it without my consent, now you burn the note? What's wrong with you?!" she asked. She's mad with him. He has no right to do it like that. She feels like throwing the bowl right to his face.

"I am jealous," he said truthfully. The thought of another guy liking her make his heart aching and he doesn't like it. Ruby eyes widen when he said it as her face getting red once again. She falls silent for a moment before she speaks.

"So bluntly?"

"I stated the fact. There's no reason for me to tell a lie" he said as he begin to read another note. Ruby looks at him with questions all over her face. She can't understand him. Why would he be jealous about a piece of paper?

Dyrroth sighs as he finishes read another note. He looks at her with boredom in his eyes.

"What's G stands for? Gay?" he asked. Ruby chokes for real this time when he said it. She quickly grabs a glass of water and chugs it down. She takes a deep breath.

"It's Granger. I repeat, Granger. In fact, he is straight" she said, defend the marksman friend of hers.

"What's with this bracelet anyway? I want to see it" he said, unbothered by the name of the writer of the second note. Ruby looked at her wrist as she takes off the bracelet. Without thinking much, she gives him the bracelet that Granger give her. She likes it very much and planning to store it forever.

As Dyrroth have both bracelet and note in his hand, he casts the fire spell once again, burning her stuff before it vanishes into thin air. The bracelet does take some time for him due to the holy light that has been cast on it.

"Hey! Stop burning my things! For goodness sake, what is wrong with you?!" she asked as she totally lost it. The bracelet is precious to her, now it's gone just like that. This demon just crossed the line.

"I told you I'm jealous, whoever this gay person is he doesn't worth it at all," he said bluntly as he looks at her without feeling any guilt after he burnt her things.

"He is Granger! You're jealous of what? For two-piece of paper and a bracelet?" she asked as she crosses her arms. She wishes to suck his dark abyssal magic until he dries. It takes Dyrroth for a moment before he speaks.

"Because I like you. Isn't that obvious?" he said with a serious tone- without feeling any embarrassment.

"E-eh?" she said as she looks at him- disbelief. Her face is reddening. This demon Prince is too random and too blunt for her to handle. Is this how he actually confessed to her? She needs time to process.

"It's the truth" he said again, without thinking much. Ruby shakes the thought of him off in her mind. She's still upset that he burnt her things.

"You- I don't understand you!" she said before she leaves him alone as she enters her room and closes it. She decides to sleep early today as she doesn't think that she can handle him any longer.

Dyrroth who is left alone at the dining table looks at the room door as he smiles.

"She's cute when she's mad," he said to himself as he stands up and walks to another room. He's planning to go back to the Abyss for a short moment.

At the same moment, the fighter and the marksman of the lightborn squad are in a room as they take a rest together- they just finished practice with each other. They continue sneezing for quite some time now. "Are we sick?" asked Alucard.

"Not sure, maybe? I don't feel great" said Granger.

"Same," said Alucard simply.

"Hey" said Granger. Alucard shifts his head as he looks at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Do you think I'm gay?" said Granger. Alucard looks at him with wide eyes. Alucard sure his friend just lost his mind. The blonde places his palm on his head.

"What the hell? It's fucking hot. At this rate, I am sure you're sick. Let me call Harith. Before that, tell me who do you like at the moment?" said Alucard before he leaves the room.

"Ruby," said Granger without thinking much. Alucard sighs in relief.

"Then, you are straight. Wait a minute. This is such an emergency for you to act like that" said Alucard as he calls for Harith to channel some holy light magic to heal him.

×××