Thirty Two

As soon as Ruby arrives at the entrance hall, the Queen and every single lightborn member are there, including Granger and Alucard who are fully in their lightborn uniform with their weapon in their hands.

Ruby blushes as she sees both Alucard and Granger. They really look great in their uniform. Still, there is a question that lingering in her mind as soon as she sees them.

"H-how come you two exchange clothes that fast?!" asked Ruby. She is sure she just met them at the balcony earlier. She only took her scythe to her room and both guys are already here with their uniforms.

For some reason, the hooded girl can smell a hint of chocolate from both of them. She really wants to ask them about the smell yet she holds herself to do so. It's less concerned about the current situation now.

"Well, it's all thanks to our practice," said Alucard as he winks.

"Fanny, I want you to roam around the town. Make sure not a single person is out there. Then, quickly return to the battlefield" said Silvanna.

"Understood, your highness" said Fanny as she leaves the palace by using her wings.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but what happened to the people in the town. Are they went to the safe place once they heard the bell?" asked Ruby as she concerns about their safety. For her, they are just the same as the villagers that she protect back home.

"Every house in the town have a tunnel that links to the underground bunker. They will stay there and most importantly that they are safe. You don't have to worry about them" said Granger. Ruby sighs in relief. That's such a great thing to hear.

"I see" she said.

"Ruby?" said Silvanna. Ruby shifts her gaze to look at the Queen.

"Yes your highness?" said Ruby.

"Do you wish to join us?" asked Silvanna with a hint of seriousness in her voice. Every one of them look at the girl as soon as the Queen asked the question. They are waiting for her to answer.

Ruby looks at her scythe as she thinks. She is not confident with her skills. Even though the others keep telling her that she's great with her skills and even equal with the royal, she still doesn't trust herself. She hasn't been in any proper and intense practices like them.

But, she can't just stand there doing nothing when her friends fighting to death- protecting the empire with their might. She is a fighter, she is the only protector of her village. Besides, she has her scythe with her- who chose her to be the user, the keeper and the guardian.

Even though there's still unknown power that lies in the scythe that she yet discovered, she already makes up her mind as she looks at the Queen with full of confidence. Ruby grips her scythe tighter as she talks,

"I am. I may never experience war before but with all of you who always support me, I believe I can do it. I want to protect the empire with all my might, like how I did when protecting my village. Besides, I want to learn more about my scythe. So, please allow me your highness!" she said as she bows. Silvanna grins as she heard the request.

"That's it. You just showed me your worthiness for being a royal warrior. Pure heart and faith, that is. You may join us, your skills are great enough. Tigreal, now I leave you to lead the war" said Silvanna.

"Understood. The highness and I will lead the first line. Alucard and Ruby will lead the second line. Harith will lead the mages and Granger will lead the marksmen- which at the third line. Both of you will also give a backup for us. As for Fanny, she knows what she needs to do" said the leader. It seems like he truly has great faith in their members.

"Now, everyone move" said Tigreal as they enter the battlefield. It seems like they already surround by the Abyssal demon at every angle.

"Concede defeat. You have been surrounded by us. There's no light for you to win anymore" said Alice as she leads the Abyssal demon.

"We may be surrounds by the darkness. We believe that the Lord of Light will give us guidance that leads us to victory!" said Silvanna to the whole troops as she raises her Lance of Light in her right arm. All the royal members go to their position like what Tigreal just ordered.

As Ruby follows Alucard to their position, she notices Granger gives her a thumbs up and a warm smile before he left. Ruby looks at the bracelet that he gave- it does give her strength. Both Alucard and Ruby stand in front of the second line of Moniyan warriors.

"Don't worry, Ruby. We are in this together. Believe in yourself. I will protect you" said Alucard as he pats her head with a courageous smile plastered on his face.

"Thank you. Well, I'm afraid if I'm the one who protects you instead" said Ruby as she smirks at the man. Alucard seems impressed by her reply.

"Oh, that will prove to me that you love me. Right? So please keep protecting me, okay?" he said with a mischievous tone despite the war that shortly will happen soon. Ruby flushes with his comments. She feels regret for talking to him like that.

"Y-you are unreal. You should focus, the 'worthiest' member" she said as she address the terms that he once said to her. Alucard chuckles yet he is still aware of his surrounding.

"Moniyan warriors, charge forwards!" said Tigreal which can be heard by whole troops. The first line then moves forward.

"Abyssal demons, attack!" said Alice. The demons move forward from the order.

"Ruby, you forget something" said Alucard. Ruby looks at him with a puzzled face as she said,

"What?"

"Of course, the most handsome" he said as he gives her a wink before he leads the warriors.

Ruby sighs. She wishes to hit him, instead, she follows him from behind as she waits for him to raise his huge swords- signs to start the attack. Shortly, Alucard raises his swords and he moves forward- and so is Ruby.

Despite her nervousness to fight the Abyssal demon, she keeps moving forward as she truly wants to fight for the empire.

A demon charges in her direction. Ruby eyes fill with rage as if it's the wolf that tries to attack her village. She raises her scythe as she slices the demon in half.

As she feels the confidence slowly come to her, she moves forward to fight the Abyssal demons- she will fight them no matter what it takes.

×××

*what's actually happening*

Alucard: Now go!

Ruby: *runs to grab her scythe*

Alucard & Granger: *runs to the closest changing room with hot chocolate in their hand*

Alucard: the uniform... MY UNIFORM... WHERE IS IT?! *sips chocolate*

Granger: *changing uniform* I don't know, search at other room. Be quick dumb head. The Queen must be waiting for us already.

Alucard: Well shit. Hold my hot chocolate for a moment, I still want to drink it.. *throws the cup and runs to another changing room*

Granger: Holy fuc- *soak in hot chocolate* ALUCARD YOU STUPID! THIS THING BURNS ME *throws his hot chocolate to him*

Alucard: GRANGER WHAT THE HELL?!

Granger: We don't have time to bicker, stupid. Wait...we can just cast the spell to change clothes that we learnt before.

Alucard: WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT EARLIER?!

Granger: AND WHY DON'T YOU?!

Well, that's how they do that... and they're still bickering on their way to the entrance hall.