Sixty Six

The journey for her to go from the village to the palace take roughly three quarters an hour. Despite the cold and dangerous night, Ruby keeps her pace as she finally sees the palace in her sight. The clear path during the night makes it easier for her to go on a full speed.

The security who recognized the girl opened the gate for her to enter.

"Thank you for your service, Hades. You can go now. Don't wait for me" she said. Without wasting any moment she hops off the horse and dashes into the place without minding every servant and securities in the palace.

"Ruby? What are you doing here?" asked Alucard who had just left the dungeon to continue his duty. He doesn't expect to meet the girl during the night. He thoughts the girl surely just arrived due to the heavy breath and the uneasiness plastered on her face.

"Thank god I meet you. The Queen, where is she? I need to meet Queen Silvanna now. It's emergency!" said Ruby with a trembling voice as she runs in Alucard's direction.

Alucard doesn't know what's the reason for the girl to meet the Queen at this hour. He decides to ask about it later as he notices her rush and the serious expression plastered on her face. He's certain something terrible just happened.

"Follow me. The Queen is in the dungeon" said Alucard without wasting any moment. Alucard leads the way as Ruby follows him close behind. The girl knows the way to the dungeon- she has actually been there before in her previous life.

She lets Alucard lead the way because it will be such a pain for her to explain things to Alucard. Besides, he probably doesn't feel the familiarity that she felt. He might see her as a madwoman after she explained it. It will just consume more time for her to get things done.

Ruby still can remember the eeriness in the dungeon. It is the least favourite place for her to be there. Besides, she has only been there only for several times. She doesn't want to stay there any longer.

But what concerned her the most is why the Queen is in the dungeon? There's no reason for the Queen to stay there. She decides to open her mouth and ask Alucard the question as they continue their steps to the dungeon.

"I don't know if I should ask this or not but, why the Queen is in the dungeon? What's happening?" asked Ruby. The two of them are getting closer to the dungeon as the door to lead them is in their sight.

"To be honest, we just locked the demon Prince in one of the dungeons. According to the Queen, the demon initially gives himself to us before the bloodlust takes him over" explained Alucard as he pushes the door. Ruby eyes widen. Dyrroth is here? It is such great news for her, she can bring the old-time back. Yet she still doesn't get why he's the one who gives himself into the Queen.

"But why? Isn't it odd?" asked Ruby- hoping he knows the answer.

"It's unknown. Besides, he is still in bloodlust mode. His demonic power increases rapidly. We can't question him either since he's not himself. We shall wait after the blood moon end" said Alucard. Guess they will never learn the truth because she will turn back time before the blood moon end. She will make it happen before Alice comes after her.

They walk through the hallway which then connects to the dungeon hall. The dungeon hall is a really spacious space that connects with five more routes that lead to different dungeons.

They continue to walk until they see the other lightborn member and the Queen. They seem to be shocked seeing Ruby is there. The girl notices the demon prince is in the dungeon with both of his hands locked. She feels a little bit of pity for him but that is for the best at the moment.

'Hang in there, Dyrroth' she thoughts as she slightly looks at him.

"What's make you come here in this dangerous night, Ruby? I hope you didn't encounter any demons and monsters on your way here" said Silvanna.

Ruby's view of Silvanna now changed after she took the potion. Silvanna is not only a Queen to her anymore. She's someone close to her, like a real family. Both she and Silvanna did had a great time during their previous life.

Ruby moves her hand to her pouch as she takes out the potion and hands it to her.

"It's the potion of time. The familiarity that we felt before is no coincidence. It's meant for us. Take it first and I will explain what's important for now" said Ruby as she looks at the Queen with a convincing look.

Silvanna accepts it as she takes a closer look at the potion. She's having a little doubt as she looks at Ruby and the potion back and forth.

"Trust me, this is the only opportunity for us to learn the truth. You will not regret it" said Ruby as she tries to convince the Queen- she needs to be fast before Alice ruins it. The lightborn squad don't interfere as they only listen to both of them closely and monitor the demon prince movement.

Silvanna stares deeply into her eyes. She senses the determination and the trustworthiness in her eyes. Silvanna takes a deep breath before she nods.

"I trust you," said Silvanna as she opens the lid and drink it. The same with what Ruby experienced, Silvanna is instantly hit by a great headache as she leans to Ruby- to support herself.

Ruby opens her arms wide as she holds the Queen. She waits for her to be stable back- this may take a while for her to process things.

"Ruby, I am sorry, it is not that I don't trust you but what are you doing?" asked Tigreal as he is a little bit concerned about the Queen who seems to be in really deep thought and pain.

"Gaining her past memories back. Don't worry the potion is not harming her. It will take some more time. It's a little bit hard for me to explain to all of you, it's an important matter between me, the Queen and Dyrroth. Just trust me about this" said Ruby as she looks at the squad with promising eyes.

Silvanna on the other hand still struggling as she clutches the red hooded girl clothes hard. Slowly, the memories between her and Aurelius get clearer in her mind.

×××