Thirty Nine

Aurelius just arrived at the palace. He was fighting the demons who were trying to trespass the Moniyan territory. He managed to kill them but he was also injured from the fight. It's not a serious wound that he needs to take care of immediately. So, he proceeds to go back to the palace.

"You are late" said Ruby who waited for him. 

"You're not sleeping yet? I told you to not wait for me" he said as he walks to her who stands on the balcony. They look at the moon that illuminates the dark sky.

"I can't sleep" she said truthfully as her eyes still looking at the moon.

"Is it because you miss me? Ah, I know, you must be worried about me" he said- teasing her.

"You wish" she said as she looks away. Aurelius notices her face flushed as he said that. He does find her cute and always be.

"Are you fine? Do you got any injuries?" she asked as she shifts her gaze to look at the guy as she studies his figures. She notices his right arm acting a little bit weird.

"All good. I did, but there's nothing serious about it. You don't have to worry about me" he said as he looks at his injured arm. It does feel stings but he can handle it. Ruby grabs his uninjured arm as she pulls him to walk to his room. Aurelius doesn't say anything as he follows her.

"Let me treat it" she said as they were on their way to the prince's room. Ruby opens the door as they enter the room. Aurelius sits at the bedside as he looks at the girl that finds the medical kits from the shelf in his room.

She pulls the chair and places it right in front of him. Ruby sits as she opens the medical kits.

"Let me see your wound" she said. Aurelius roll up his sleeve, showing his wound to the girl. Ruby studies the wound before she takes out a bottle of antiseptic in the kit.

"This may sting a bit" she warns as she grabs the cotton. Aurelius narrows his eyes as he looks at the girl.

"Oh, come on I can handle it" he said. Ruby looks at him mischievously.

"Really? Aren't you a crybaby? I perfectly remember when you scrape your knees in the forest when we were young. You cried as if there's no tomorrow" she said teasingly. Aurelius' face heated as he heard that. He also did remember that incident.

"You- it was a long time ago. I admit I was a crybaby alright? That was embarrassing" he said as he looks away. Ruby chuckles.

"Here I go" she said as she pressed lightly the cotton that soaked with antiseptic on his wound. Aurelius winces as he looks at her treating his wound. It does sting him a little bit.

He studies her feature that currently focusing to treats his wound. Her innocent feature never fails to amaze him. He remembers the first time they met, she was truly cute back then. The cuteness of hers then grows into a beautiful lady. He's truly fallen in love with the girl and she even already knew about it.

Without his realisation, he moves his other hands as he pinches her soft cheeks. Ruby who grows tired of his little action looks at him with a glare.

"Aurelius. I did tell you countless times to stop doing anything to my cheeks. It hurts" she said as her cheeks getting red due to Aurelius' action. He looks at her who gets mad at him. She looks cute when she's mad- because of that, he decides to tease her more.

"I can't stop myself. It's so soft and you know that's the reason" he said as he pinches her cheeks once again. Ruby decides to teach him some lesson as she presses the antiseptic hard on his wounds- making him yelp in pain.

"Ouch. Hey! That's mean" he said as his eyes getting teary due to the stings that he felt.

"Serve you right" she said as she chuckles. Still, she proceed to bandage his wound. Aurelius doesn't dare to tease her anymore as he watches her wrapped the bandage around his arm.

"Now it is finished!" she said as she is proud of her work. Ruby tidies up the messes that she made and she closes the medical kit again. Aurelius looks at Ruby's clean work. He finds it precious to him.

"Thank you, Ruby. I appreciate it. If it's you who treated it, then, I am sure it will heal quickly" he said as he smiles warmly at her.

"You're getting cheesy, Aurelius" she said as she stands up and put the medical kit back in its place. He chuckles.

"Aw, I only being like this with someone that I like. Be grateful, since you're one of those people. Anyway, it's getting late. You should go back to your room and have a beauty sleep" he said as he stands up, sending her to the room door.

As both of them are at the door frame, Ruby shifts her body to stand face to face in front of him. She lifts his wounded hand as she shifts her gaze at the bandage. Aurelius looks at the girl with a questioned face. He's not sure what the girl is trying to do.

"Uh, Ruby?" he said.

Ruby lifts his arm as she kisses the bandage. Aurelius perplexes at the spot as his eyes widen with her sudden action. Ruby shifts her face to look at him as she smiles.

"They said it will heal quickly if we kiss it. Goodnight, Aurelius" she said as she quickly leaves Aurelius alone- he still freezes at the spot He looks at his bandaged arm. His face slowly creeps with a red tint as he recalls the moment.

He closes the door as he touches the place that she kissed. He smiles.

"That's a strange one. Dang, she's cute" he said to himself before he plops on his bed. He is so sure that he will sound asleep tonight as his mind is full of the girl that he admires.

×××