Nine

Right after they finished eating, the three of them walk to the forest. Since both Alucard and Granger are still new to that place, Ruby leads the way. She brings a basket since she wants to search for berries.

Meanwhile, Alucard and Granger bring each one of them a knife and some tools for hunting. Ruby feels safe with them by her side even she's not bringing any weapon.

The weather today was fine, slight windy with a bright sun.

"Hey, Granger let's make a race" said Alucard as they walk to the forest.

'Alucard is starting things with Granger again. Even Granger is being uninterested in Alucard offer or competition, he still takes it. Well, they're good friends after all' she thought as she observes their friendship.

"What now stupid? I'm done with your shit already. I wanna have a nice day today and I hope you're not even here" said Granger as he sighs.

"Aww, don't be like that. You got no fun. Let's compete! Who hunt a bigger animal will win. The winners will get the bed tonight. The losers will get to sleep on the sofa. Deal?" said Alucard.

'Well, that deal is not that bad though' she thought to herself as she keeps her ears on their conversation. Honestly, she finds their conversation is interesting and entertaining.

"Hm, not bad actually. It's a deal. But why do you always do this shit even though you always lose when you compete against me?" asked Granger.

It's actually true. Every time when they made a deal or a bet, Granger will always win. Well, Alucard did win but it can be count how many times he ever won against Granger. It can conclude that Alucard doesn't have much luck.

"Well, to make it interesting" said Alucard, simple.

"Ah! Instead, I have another better deal, The winner will get to sleep with Ruby toni--"

Before Alucard can even finish his word, Ruby throws the basket that she brings right to his face- hard.

"Stop talking nonsense. It's your luck that I don't bring my scythe today" said Ruby with her red face- how can he make a deal about that.

"Serve you right" said Granger as he chuckles.

"Okay! I am sorry. It was just a joke seriously" said Alucard as he rubs his face.

"Though, you actually love that idea right Granger?" said Alucard in a low tone. But it's such an unlucky day for him because Ruby actually heard that too.

Ruby once again, throw her basket to Alucard's face super hard and after that Granger give him a hard smack on his head.

"Can you stop that already?!" said Ruby with a heated face- this guy just doesn't want to stop.

"Okay okay. I won't do that again. I'm sorry. That's actually hurt a lot. I can see star in my sight" said Alucard as he being dramatic again.

"Ah! and stop being such a drama king! It's actually itching me" said Ruby as she picks up her basket. That time, Ruby wish to cut his mouth.

As the two of them didn't stop bickering, indeed, Granger actually like Alucard's idea but he continue being serious to keep his pride. Though, he thinks Alucard might suspect something about him. Granger looks at the two of them who still fighting.

Granger moves and stands between them. He put his hand on Ruby's shoulders and turn her around.

"Now now, stop fighting. Lead the way Ruby, ignore that guy. The villagers actually look at you two all of this time. After you, Ruby" Granger said as he said gently to Ruby. Ruby releases a big sigh as she continues to walk.

"If Granger wasn't here. I am sure Alucard actually died by now. Granger please if Alucard ever pick a fight again, shut him up" said Ruby.

"Not a prob" Granger said. They keep walking until they arrived at the place.

"It's here" Ruby said and stop at the spot.

"So since you two going to hunt, it's better to split right? Make sure we meet here back. If you lost just talk to a bird or a hare and don't hunt these two creature for the way. This forest is quite magical, I can understand some certain animal language here. So, please be safe. I'll search for some berries alright. Good luck!" Ruby said as she walks to the forest.

Ruby knows the forest better than anyone else. She spends her childhood days here every day. She'll play alone and sometimes take a nap here too. For her, the forest is her second home. She loves the forest so much.

Right after she left, the two demon hunters were dumbfounded at the spot.

"You trust her what she said, right Granger? Even though it's sounded weird" said Alucard as he looks at the girl walks with excitement in the forest.

"Hm, maybe? I don't know. But I can't believe she just left us here and happily enter the forest. Well, see ya later. The race start. I'll win this again" said Granger with a smirk as he enters the forest.

"Heh, in your dream. I'm winning this. I won't give you any chance" said Alucard as he enters the forest.

The two demon hunters search for the animal to hunt. Meanwhile, Ruby, on the other hand, pick a lot of berries. She actually knows where the place with more berries, the place where animals always go and much more. She knows a lot about the forest.

During the moment she picks the berries, a butterfly land on her hand. It's the same rare butterfly that she saw after she wake up from her nap before. She looks at the creature as it slowly moves its wing to fly away.

"Wait, we can eat this? isn't it poisonous?"

"Where you heard that from? I ate this a lot. It's tasty try some and you'll know"

"I-It's true. These berries are the best. I don't wanna hear anything from the people around the palace ever again"

"Heh, you pity soul"

"Hey!--"

Ruby gasps as she snaps back to reality. She holds her basket tight. She's sure something just flashed in her mind. It seems like a past memory of hers.

"What was that?" she said to herself. She ignores it and keeps searching for more berries.

×××